Talk:Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
This is a featured article!
It represents the best of the best that the Super Mario Wiki has produced. If there are any edits that will improve the article's quality even further, make them.
|Edit the article · Add to discussion (new section) · FA page|
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze has won a Mario Award in the Eighth Awards Ceremony!!
- The publisher is always Nintendo for first party games... or do you mean the developer?
David Wise is back!
Green Balloons from DKCR 3D are back.
From an interview with the game's developers on US Gamer:
"So one of the things that we’ve done is, we’ve taken a feature from the 3DS version of Donkey Kong Country Returns, which is the green balloon. We brought it back in this version. It basically allows the player, as you know, to fall to what is normally a loss of life. The green balloon lifts them up and they can place themselves where they want and let go."
The page says that he is a playable character, but the link used says he might be. Now, I beleive he will be personally, but without a solid confirmation, can we actually say that he is indeed playable? I only bring it up since I've seen disputes with past situations like this on other games. ~Chaoxys
In the Nintendo Direct of December 18, 2013, was announced the release date of Japan and Australia, too: February 13, 2014 and February 23, 2014 respectively. And in USA and Europe the game come, also, in digital version. I know it because I do not have rights to edit the page and I have not seen that you've realized the news, so I give you references and all. Thanks.--188.8.131.52 08:45, 24 December 2013 (EST)
- And the Japan's date?--184.108.40.206 05:51, 27 December 2013 (EST)
No he's runs an item shop instead of Cranky Kong
Nintendoplayerawesome--Nintendoplayerawesome (talk) 18:31, 21 January 2014 (EST)
World 3 boss maybe
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/psa-bring-a-friend-when-you-play-donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze According to this guy, the boss is some sort of ninja monkey. I find it odd seeing as that has nothing to do with the Snomad theme, but at the same time, Nintendo did want people to keep that specific boss a secret, so that may explain why. ~Chaoxys
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_macaque Meet the Japanese Macaque, also known as the snow monkey, a monkey which lives in the freezing mountains of Japan and stays in hot springs to stay warm. Oh and ninjas originate from japan. Think we have that case solved. :)--Guest C
Hey guys, upon closer examination of a world 4 level titled "Irrate Eight" (the one with squiddicus), is it possible it's a pun on the word "Irritate" and the number 8?--220.127.116.11 23:14, 26 January 2014 (EST)
How is that a pun? Irrate means you are feeling a great anger, and eight is referring to the eight tentacles. ~Chaoxys
@Chaoxys, it's still a pun, likely in line with anon's suggestion and the spelling of "irrate", it's just unsubtle. @NPA, that's true, but fairly obvious as it has been for a while. Lord G. matters. 17:50, 9 February 2014 (EST)
Hey, everyone! I was watching a video of the world maps on youtube and I spotted a level for Bright Savannah level 3-2. It's called "Baobab Bonanza". ~Dr. Beat
Here's a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTUaZdGORk. ~Dr. Beat
You're welcome! And here's another I found on youtube: 3-A, Rickety Rafters (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6obt8Nf7eSc).
Hello, it's me again. With less than two days away, I found another level for the first world: 1-A Zip Line Shrine. Proof: http://www.ign.com/wikis/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze/Walkthrough. (Sorry if I'm spoiling, btw.) ~Dr. Beat
Where is evidence for the new bosses listed? -Guest C
There was a guy playing through the game via a live stream. I'm assuming thats where the person who updated the page got their info from. ~Chaoxys
Cranky Kong on Twitter
During the February 20, 2014, a day before the game's release in America, Cranky Kong was the one who wrote tweets on Twitter of Nintendo of America. maybe it would be interesting to write the trivia section, right?
Alpine Incline and Aqueduct Assault
Game Over screen
Has anyone found a screenshot of the Game Over screen for this game yet? I have yet to find it, I don't have a Wii U or the game, and I'm curious to know what it looks like. If you can, could you at least explain to me what it looks like through a description? I would much oblige that.--18.104.22.168 01:51, 5 March 2014 (EST)
SMB3 Easter Egg
Not sure if anyone noticed this but in Frosty Fruits, you can see a one of Bowser's tanks from SMB3. ~Chaoxys
Is this even correct information? I have not noticed a cover of Wrinkly's Save Cave in the game.
Listen to Wrinkly's Save Cave : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAJxHf08Ev0
Now listen to the first part of this theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmrx3Ld1WaE
If you listen close you'll hear the similarities. Also don't forget to sign your signature when posting. User:Nintendoplayerawesome
Not sure if I'm the first to mention this but
- That's really interesting. It should definitely be mentioned somewhere on the article.
All right, apart from a few images missing and some red links, I think this article looks neat. I would be happy if it becomes featured (of course, after the said problems are addressed). Do you people have any suggestions/objections regarding the info, or simply the writing quality? -- -- KOOPA CON CARNE
- Not having played the game (regretably) yet, I cannot comment on possible omissions and innacuracies. Some of the wording is rather awkward ("a number of species are dangerous to fall onto", "If a combo of eight enemies is reached," "more altered "), unnecessarily wordy (ie: "These bonus stages can be accessed through Blast Barrels, which are hidden in the level. " could be changed to "These bonus stages can be accessed through hidden Blast Barrels". "The ability to pick up enemies and throw them, and overall the plucking capability, was, as producer Kensuke Tanabe states, inspired from Super Mario Bros. 2, which he directed." to "Producer Kensuke Tanabe stated that blablabla"). Also to get featured, the Staff section would need to be beefed up. Looks pretty good overal! --Glowsquid (talk) 11:40, 22 December 2016 (EST)
Shouldn't the Wii U and Switch versions be split? Every other game with different versions is split currently, except for the upcoming ports/remakes of Treasure Tracker and Luigi's Mansion, which should also definitely be split sometime in the future. -- Too Bad! Waluigi Time! 19:33, 17 May 2018 (EDT)
- What it stands is that games that have the same titles as the other with no fundamental gameplay differences aren't split. Super Mario Advance is split from Super Mario Bros. 2 and Yoshi's Wooly World and Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World and because it has a different name. Games that have the same titles that have fundamental gameplay differences are split, such as Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Wii U) and Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Nintendo 3DS) since they have vastly different minigames and very drastic differences. Ray Trace(T|C) 19:39, 17 May 2018 (EDT)
Mountain Mania Theme/Everfrost Peak Remix
I haven't seen anyone mention this or bring it up but isn't the theme to Mountain Mania a remix of Everfrost Peak from Diddy Kong Racing?