MarioWiki:Featured articles/N1/Mario Party: Island Tour
- Baby Luigi (talk) Well-written article that goes into all of the details of the game. I even created links that weren't there prior to that, such as the collectables you can get. Also snapped up space images for the article (though some can't be obtained properly because they don't show up in the results screen, resulting in me taking the screenshot and thus the inconsistency). Images are high quality, and there's all the required sections for the article such as critical reception, staff, and media. I can safely say that this article meets all the requirements for it to be featured, alongside Mario Party: Star Rush and Mario Party: The Top 100.
- Bazooka Mario (talk) Go Mario Party coverage in this wiki! My only gripe is the formatting of the minor characters table. It seems like trivial information that takes up too much space in the article.
- TheFlameChomp (talk) Per all.
- WeirdDave13 (talk) Per all.
- YoshiEgg1990 (talk) Per all.
- Owencrazyboy9 (talk) Per all, except for Bazooka Mario's reasoning on adjusting the other characters table.
- Toadette the Achiever (talk) My only opposition reason has been resolved. Go Mario Party coverage!
#Toadette the Achiever (talk) I know this vote may seem out of context, but I completely disagree with Bazooka Mario's reasoning and think the minor characters table should have stayed. Reiterating my comment below, it's better to have some of this kind of information in one place, rather than just having to toggle back and forth between articles to find said information, for better or for worse. Moreover, I don't see why the information in the tables is trivial, and space also seems like a nonissue. If we do end up improving it, I'd say make it more like the table used in the Mario Party: The Top 100 article, with one column instead of two for better readability.
Removal of opposes
I've nixed the table and gave a simple gallery format. It does lose information on exactly where they appear in but...there's no other way I can format this without giving up some information. Guess readers can just go in their articles to find out... Ray Trace(T|C) 19:20, 15 August 2018 (EDT)
- I kind of disagree that tables like those should be outright removed, since they do provide good information in one place rather than having to search for information from several different articles (which might not even be complete in coverage), which can get utterly tedious. I'd be all for reinstating the table, just give it two columns instead of four for easier readability and shortening entries where characters/species have very minor roles in minigame to just "Appears as a spectator in various minigames." (T|C) 01:22, 17 August 2018 (EDT)
Ideally, there shouldn't have to be a table. What should happen is that we have a very simple list for minor appearances, and those who want to know the specifics of those appearances can go into the articles of those enemies. After all, I reiterate, those are minor appearances, and their prominence in the games is disproportionate to the sheer space they occupy in the page, which is not convenient for the reader in most cases as well as the bad aesthetics. Being the MarioWiki, however, this method assumes those character articles are complete to begin with, which can be an argument for those tables. Nevertheless, that's the table's only purpose, it seems. Bazooka Mario BadaBoom! 18:36, 17 August 2018 (EDT)
I have no clue how to organize this so it doesn't look like a mess on smaller monitors but also at the same time keep the information there as it is. I'm stuuuuuuck. Ray Trace(T|C) 19:17, 17 August 2018 (EDT)
- I know I said this in my vote above, but we could make the table a lot like the one in the Mario Party: The Top 100 article, where it's one column instead of two. I tried viewing it on mobile and it works fine. (T|C) 16:23, 18 August 2018 (EDT)
- The main problem is that I think it makes it much tougher to navigate through the article, by making it a long list of characters who aren't even that major to begin with. Besides, that table in MPTT100 was my idea to begin with so...I did consider using it for this article but Island Tour has considerably more of these guys than Top 100 that's why I split into two columns. Ray Trace(T|C) 20:34, 18 August 2018 (EDT)