From the Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
|Appears in||WarioWare: D.I.Y.|
|Info||"In this game, you poke a ladybug and make it run away." (Tutorial)|
"Get that lazy ladybug moving!" (Game)
|Controls||– Poke ladybug|
Ladybug (known as Ladybird in the British English version) is the first microgame the player makes in WarioWare: D.I.Y. in the D.I.Y. 101 section of the game. Penny and Wario teach the player the fundamentals of making a microgame with this game first.
The player has to tap the ladybug with a stylus to make it move, resulting in a win. If the player fails to tap the ladybug, they instantly fail.
The lesson consists of 6 steps:
- Step 1: How do you make games?
- Penny explains the foundation of microgames: first comes the background, then the objects, then the music, and finally the AI (Action Instructions).
- Step 2: Drawing the background!
- Penny teaches the player how to make the background. In Ladybug, the background consists of grass, rocks, and shrubs. The player is taught how to use pre-made palettes and stamps to accomplish this.
- Step 3: Drawing an object!
- The player is taught how to draw objects and their cels, creating art.
- Step 4: Making music!
- The player is taught how to make music and create notes.
- Step 5: Getting that bug moving!
- Penny teaches the player how to assign AI to the ladybug to make it so that when tapped, it will move.
- Step 6: Winning the game!
- The player learns how to set win conditions for their games.
Names in other languages