From the Super Mario Wiki
(Redirected from Easter Egg
It has been requested that this article should be rewritten and expanded to include more information.
An Easter egg
in Super Mario 64
An Easter egg is a small secret in games, hidden by the developers. Easter eggs usually don't associate themselves with gameplay, but players usually find Easter eggs due to interest in them.
Easter eggs in Mario games
- In the Atari 800 version, losing Mario's last life because of a fall, while in a point range of 33,000-33,900 (thus ensuring a new high score), and highlighting a Fireball in the difficulty selection will cause the initials of the port's developer, Landon Dyer, to appear in the title screen while the player waits for the attract mode to start up again.
- There is a room inside Boo's Mansion containing a vase that will transform Mario when jumps inside into 8-bit Mario and Mario's theme will play. Mario will revert to back to his standard form if he leaves the room or jumps back into the vase. Unlike Super Mario RPG in which the 8-bit trick can only be performed once, in Paper Mario it can be performed repeatedly.
- In Flopside, if Peach talks to Bleu, he will change Peach's hairdress. If she gets an elevator or if the player switches characters, Peach will get back her usual hairdress.
- In the Rolling Gizmo Galaxy, if Mario or Luigi skips the Star Ball and jumps up the blocks that if the player would smash with the ball, and then up the raised bridge, if the camera is pointed down a Rupee from The Legend of Zelda series made out of Star Bits.
- Using the binoculars in certain levels will allow the player to spot a passing UFO in the sky.
- In World 4-4, when the player reaches the end of the level and stands at the gates to the right for a number of seconds, a hell valley sky tree will appear slowly out of the background. Once enough time passes, it will unexpectedly open its mouth wide and flash, while fading out at the same time.
- Like Super Mario 3D World, 8-bit sprites of that game's playable characters can be found in several levels.