By Tucayo (talk)
by Marwikedor (talk)
Kongs, and spiders, and birds, oh my! What is it about the spider that makes so many people despise them? Is it because they have eight eyes and legs instead of two? Is it because their mouths move from side to side instead of up and down? In any case, the spiders of the Marioverse are far less ugly, but far more likely to bother you! The second half of this month's Trivia will deal with Mario creatures of the avian variety. After all, haven't you heard that the bird is the word?
Did you know that...
- ...Squitter is the only friendly spider in the history of the Marioverse?
- ...The enormous, cycloptic spider Tiny Kong faces in Fungi Forest only has 6 legs?
- ...Arich, the boss of Kremwood Forest, has a name that is a derivative of the "arachnid" classification, and is pronounced similarly to the name "Eric"?
- ...The Kumo from Super Mario Land were the first spider enemies ever fought by Mario, and not only that, it did not have to undergo a name change for the game's port to the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console?
- ...The Yoshi's Story spider is the only spider in the entire history of the Marioverse that cannot be defeated?
- ...The Official Nintendo Player's Guide' of Donkey Kong Country encourages the player to defeat Master Necky Snr. by reminding him "you're apes!" and that you are "higher on the evolutionary chain [than Neckys]"?
- ...In the Instruction Booklet for Donkey Kong 64, Cranky Kong stated his wish for Expresso and Winky to appear in the game, not Rambi and Enguarde?
- ...Klepto the condor is one of three ways that Mario can lose his hat in Super Mario 64 (the other two being Ukiki and wind)? The game actually advises the player not to save if Mario has lost his hat and doesn't know where it is.
- ...The level Necky Nutmare appears solely on the GBC port of Donkey Kong Country?
- ...The only way for Mario to avoid confrontation with Buzzar is to tell him his name is Luigi?
by Marwikedor (talk)
Happy New Year, 'Shroom Readers! The new year shall indeed be started off happy with this double-length quiz! In honor of the recent release of one of the greatest and innovative Mario Karts ever, Mario Kart 7, there will be three sets of seven questions. The first set seven questions (1-7) will be one question from each and every console Mario Kart. The next seven (8-14) will be random questions from the Marioverse. And the final set of seven (15-21) will be random questions from the Marioverse that pertain to the number 7! So seven is indeed the lucky number this month, paisans. Ciao.
- Name the one and only Super Mario Kart power-up exclusive to it, the first game of the series.
- Name the Mario Kart 64 track with Cows.
- How many Super Mario Kart courses returned in Mario Kart: Super Circuit?
- Name the kart unlocked through the victory of All-Cup Tour in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!"
- How do you unlock Waluigi in Mario Kart DS?
- Mario Kart Wii made perhaps the greatest use of the Wii's motion controls with what bundled accessory?
- In Mario Kart 7, name all seven items contained in the Lucky Seven.
- Name the area Bowser always winds up in after his every "death" during his Inside Story.
- Who was the character who fulfilled her half of a bargain and taught "K. Rool a lesson he'll never forget!!!" in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble?
- While floating in the water, who holds up a sign that reads "The End" during the ending of the game from the last question?
- In Yoshi's Story, how do you get the last melon in Neuron Jungle?
- There is an optional battle in Paper Mario where Mario faces near insurmountable odds. It is truly the game's most difficult, yet overlooked challenge. He faces a powerful foe already optionally faced, and there's three of them! Name this deadly trio and it's location.
- What is the name of World 2-3 in "Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island"?
- True or False: In 1988, Nintendo of America was actually honest initially with the public about it's reason given for not allowing the true sequel to Super Mario Bros. to be released, namely: "It's too hard."
- Time for seven questions pertaining to seven! There's a Game Guy mini-game in Mario Party 3 that sounds very familiar to something in Mario Kart 7. Can you name it?
- In Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble", there is a Brother Bear who has a name with seven letters and is a veteran of a war with seven letters in it's name! Name them both.
- Riddle: You'll need many a star to get very far. You'll need seven times ten to reach the stair's end. Name the game.
- Riddle: With seven letters in my name, I block your progress in my only game. It would rule if Rool would let me hinder you more... than just in DK64. For taking bribes from the Kongs, some think I didn't live very long. Did my master send me to that sawmill in the sky? Who in the world am I?
- In Donkey Kong Country Returns, how many coins will Cranky charge you for 7 Balloons ?
- True or False: If you roll triple 7s in Mario Party 2, you get a Star!
- Lubba will point out your luck in Super Mario Galaxy 2 if you have how many Star Bits?
|Click to find answers!
- Moo Moo Farm
- All of them
- Parade Kart
- Win 1st place on every 100cc
- The Wii Wheel
- Green and Red Shells, Bananas, Bob-ombs, Stars, Mushrooms, Bloopers
- Rump Command
- The Banana Bird Queen
- Cranky Kong
- It will appear after you collect every coin
- Antiguy Unit, Bowser's Castle
- What's Gusty Taste Like?
- Game Guy's Lucky 7
- Bazooka, Kremean War
- Super Mario 64
- B. Locker
- False, you get 50 coins
- 777 or 7777