The 'Shroom:Issue 119/Fun Stuff
I'm busy as ever, but if you're reading this, I'm assuming you have free time. Lucky you! Treat yourself to some Fun Stuff; free time won't last forever.
I've got good and bad news. First, I'm happy to announce that Marshal Dan Troop (talk) has returned to the 'Shroom, where he will continue to write Trivia. Welcome back! On the flip side, because Lord Bowser (talk) is having computer issues, Find the Differences is absent from this issue. Don't worry; the section will probably be back next month!
Section of the Month
Thank you so much for voting Guess Who! Section of the Month again! Additionally, congratulations to Mr Squid (talk) and Lord Bowser (talk) for making it onto the SOTM board yet again, along with Yoshi876, whose quizzes are great as always.
|FUN STUFF SECTION OF THE MONTH|
|2nd||Find the Differences||7||15.22%||Lord Bowser|
|2nd||Guess That Game!||7||15.22%||Mr Squid|
Hi everybody! Welcome to Word Search. As you may have noticed, the Super Mario Wiki has a new logo that depict the Super Mushroom, one of the most iconic Mario franchise items. As such, you'll need to find Mushroom items for this month’s Word Search. Good luck, and have fun!
Hey! It’s Rosalina1999 here! I hope y’all are having a great February so far. This Crossword is based on the Super Mario games. Enjoy!
|2. The first Game||1. The Shine Sprite Game|
|4. The Most Popular DS Game.||3. The most popular DS Game|
|6. The GBA Sequel||5. The Yoshi Debut|
|7. The Shy Guy Debut|
|6. Mommy, gimme a donut.|
|7. It’s so cheesay!|
|8. The first 3D Game|
|9. The 1990 Sequel|
|10. The Game that was in Outer Space|
So it has come to this – in the 'Shroom's moment of despair, I, Marshal Dan Troop, have returned to retake my rightful place as Trivia writer. Truly it is my destiny to write this sections forever, as it is my brand, my mission, and my purpose.
- Did you know that the original choices to play Mario in the Super Mario Bros. movie were Danny Devito or Tom Hanks?
- That Sonic’s shoes and Earthworm Jim’s gun can be found in Cranky Kong’s Hall of Heroes in the "No Hopers" section?
- That originally Kiddy Kong was going to be called Dinky Kong?
- That the Goomba’s Shoe was originally going to appear in Super Mario 3D Land, but was cut for unknown reasons?
- That the bush and cloud sprites in Super Mario Bros. are the same, just different colors?
- Mario doesn’t hit bricks with his head, but rather his fist?
- That according to Shigeru Miyamoto, Mario isn’t actually a doctor?
Hello everyone, and welcome to this month's maze! For this month, since Valentine's Day has passed by, I have provided a heart for you all. It's worth noting that it is the heart featured in Double Dash as Peach's special item. There's not much else to say about it though. Either way, I hope you enjoy this month's maze.
How to play:
- Copy the image into an art program (such as Paint, Photoshop, paint.net, etc.)
- Click the line tool and adjust the size as needed
- Use the line tool to get from arrow to arrow
- Zoom in and out as needed
I'm bringing you more Super Mario Odyssey stuff, 'cause I just love the look of that game!
How to play:
- Any program with a fill tool works for this (even Paint); just copy and paste the pictures onto the program and follow these steps.
- Each number on a row or column (called hints) represents a line of filled in squares on that row or column; for example, a row starting with "6" would have a row of six black squares with no white between them.
- There must be at least one blank square between each line of filled in squares.
- Each square is filled with either black or white; you can fill confirmed white squares with gray to help you keep track.
- It's easier to start with the larger numbers.
|The mysterious pyramid in the desert world.||The even more mysterious sentient hat!|
Hi readers! Welcome to Mystery Images. As always, the goal is to identify a character, place, and game by using the following images. Have fun!
Game 1 - The character
Game 2 - The location
Game 3 - The game
|Game 1: Wendy O. Koopa! Pyramid Park! Mario Party 8!|
Thanks for playing! Come again next month for more puzzles.
Guess That Game!
There is a fun Mario game that I like to play. It is free to play (excluding the cost of using the Internet). You are playing this game right now! What is this game?… Guess That Game!
If you’re saying, “I’m bored!”, what do you do? Play “Guess That Game!” (If you were someone else you would say, “Nice to meet you, Bored! Is your surname Game?”)
So please enjoy this 'Shroom section, and please don’t cause injury to yourself or others if you are unable to guess that game.
- This is a game for the Nintendo Switch.
- Mario has a special cap in this game.
- This game is in 3D.
- This game is not set in the Mushroom Kingdom.
- This is a game in the Mario & Sonic Olympic Games series.
- The mascot for this Olympic Games is Vinicius.
- This game is not for a DS system.
- This is the first home console Mario & Sonic game to be released on the same year of the Olympics in real life, being released six weeks before the Opening Ceremonies.
- This is a sports game.
- This game is for the Wii.
- This game has party games in it.
- This game’s title is three words long.
- This game has 14 stages, and 18 characters (some are unlockable).
- This game is educational.
- This game is good for Mariowiki editors!
- Cheep Cheeps are in this game.
- This game was made more than 10 years ago.
- This is not a Mario game.
- This is a game for the Wii.
- This game will teach you how to use the Wii Remote.
- This game can be played with 1 or 2 players.
Thanks for reading! Here are the answers, please note that cheating is bad for your brain and will make you less smart. If you keep cheating, soon you won’t be able do do even Round 1! (assuming you can pass Round 1). Please vote my section as the Fun Stuff section of the month!
Bonus Round: Wii Play
Have an idea for a theme? Suggest it here!
In Mario canon, almost everything human character has a coexisting baby form. Some may find this concept preposterous, but it makes sense once you look into it. Take Baby Mario as an example. Over the course of time, he grows into adult Mario, but remains in a different timeline as a baby. This must mean in Mario canon, all timelines coexist at the same time within a single universe. Makes sense, right?
You can probably tell that today’s Guess Who will be dealing will baby forms of characters. Get ready to start guessing!
Level 1: Easy
- After tumbling down from the sky, he falls onto Yoshi’s back. This does not break Yoshi’s spine, nor even slightly injure this baby. Make of that what you will.
- In Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, he is able to summon a Chain Chomp to pull him through the course.
- He’s rather infamous for his crying…
Level 2: Medium
- This character is one of two princess babies to be introduced in a Mario Kart game. Why create new characters when you can baby-fy existing ones?
- A statue of this character can be seen in a race course, playing with Baby Luigi.
- Apparently, Baby Luigi is afraid of her.
- Not much is known about this baby, similar to this character’s adult counterpart.
- Along with Baby Wario, this character has only appeared in one game to date.
- She is perhaps the calmest of all the babies.
- Hold them and they’ll sing along!
- These babies come in various colors.
- Eating enemies quickens this character's growth to an extreme. That’s not healthy, is it…?
Easy: Baby Mario!
Medium: Baby Daisy!
Hard: Baby Rosalina!
Challenge: Baby Yoshi!
How did you do? Regardless, thanks for playing this month's Guess Who. Please join me again in March!
Welcome to Quiz, a place where I... quiz you, on Mario stuff. As Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World was released this month, right now seemed the perfect time for me to unleash my Yoshi quiz, a quiz that I have been cultivating for the past few months, ready to unleash on unsuspecting 'Shroom readers. Ahem, I may have gotten slightly carried away... enjoy this quiz.
- What color is the main Yoshi?
- What is the name of the Magikoopa who usually kidnaps Baby Luigi?
- What are the three main collectables in the platforming series?
- What colour is the sixth Yoshi in every world in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island?
- How many worlds are in Yoshi's Story?
- What modes of transport didn't return in Yoshi's Island DS?
- What is the name of the design on the Yoshi on the right?
- What is Lunge Fish paired with in Tetris Attack?
- How many spirits are in Yoshi Topsy-Turvy?
|The 'Shroom: Issue 119|
|Staff sections||Staff Notes • The 'Shroom Spotlight|
|Features||Fake News • Fun Stuff • Palette Swap • Pipe Plaza • Critic Corner• Strategy Wing|
|Front Page About Archives Comments Subscribe Spotlight Contact us Manual of Style Sign up |