The 'Shroom:Issue 114/Fun Stuff
The busy time of year is starting, but it's always nice to take a break once in a while to engage in some fun activities. Enjoy our activities as a fun diversion after you finish your studies or work. Additionally, this month's Maze and Picross are both trying something new, so be sure to check them out!
This month, we are also having a feedback poll, so please submit it if you want anything new out of this section. You can find it below Section of the Month.
Section of the Month
Thank you to everyone who enjoyed my Silly Stories article - I put a lot of effort into it. Additionally, a big congratulations to Yoshi876 (talk), who made a Super Paper Mario Quiz last week that readers clearly enjoyed. All writers did a great job, so keep up the the great work!
Feedback PollHopefully you've been enjoying Fun Stuff, but we always want to improve. Please check off all the things you would like to see in future Fun Stuff articles. You can even write in your own submission if you would like. Thank you!
[somebody put the poll here]
|FUN STUFF SECTION OF THE MONTH|
|1st||Silly Stories, By You!||13||32.5%||Andymii|
Hey there, everyone! This month, I have just a circle for you! Nothing too snappy, just a circle. Maybe you'll be able to see the hidden meaning with the solution though. I'm sure you'll be able to find it. After all, you have the power of determination! I guess you could just cheat, but where's the fun in that?
How to play:
- Copy the image into an art program (such as Paint, Photoshop, paint.net, etc.)
- Click the line tool and adjust the size as needed
- Use the line tool to get from arrow to arrow
- Zoom in and out as needed
But first, an announcement...
If you were expecting a black and white Picross or two, then the joke's on you! This month, on the twelfth section I've written, I've created a new style of Picross. Well, not created, but you won't have seen it before! Okay, maybe you will have if you have played on Picross websites like I do (don't judge- I'm a small yellow guy with a flamethrower, a half-functional laptop, and a lot of spare time), but this is the first time on this website that this type of Picross has appeared.
I've rambled for too long about it, so let's introduce Color Picrosses to the mix! Instead of black rows/columns being separated by at least one white square, colors separate each other. Now if you see two hints of the same color next to each other, then that means that there is at least one blank gap between the two rows/columns. Enjoy this new way of playing!
Koopa Troopa's face
Hi! Welcome to the Mystery Images section. Once again, I have provided you with three Mystery Images puzzles. You must find out a character, a location and a game. Good luck!
Game 1 - The character
Game 2 - The location
Game 3 - The game
|Game 1: Toadsworth! Neon Heights! Paper Mario!|
Thanks for playing. Come back in October for more Mystery Images!
Have an idea for a theme? Suggest it here!
Mario has the most games of any franchise. With each game, a plethora of new characters join the group; as such, it is no secret that Mario has a ridiculously large cast.
With so many characters, it's easy to leave some behind. There are many reasons why this can happen – for instance, a series can get a new developer, a newer character can replace an older one, or perhaps the character's role is so specific that it never is needed again. For today, though, we'll revive them in this month's Guess Who, Forgotten Characters. (Perhaps that may make this edition slightly harder, but there's nothing wrong with a challenge, is there?)
Theme: Forgotten Characters
Level 1: Easy
- This character's role was replaced by an evil flying bongo drum in recent games.
- Although usually a king, he has gone through many aliases – from a pirate captain to a scientist.
- He's not completely forgotten – he appeared as a playable character in Mario Super Sluggers. He hasn't appeared in his original series for a long time, though.
Level 2: Medium
- When Mario is distracted fighting this guy, Wario steals Mario's castle.
- He eats carnivorous fish (not Cheep Cheeps – like many other enemies in the game, the fish are also given weird names).
- In his second and final game on the Game Boy, he is tasked with keeping something golden away from Mario.
Level 3: Hard
- These characters appeared in one game only, but most likely inspired one of the most important characters in the Mario franchise.
- Unlike its modern counterpart, you cannot jump on it to defeat it.
- "Something’s coming up the plumbing; poor Luigi’s in a bind!"
Bonus: What were the original names for these characters?
- Princess Peach
- The Toads
- The Bloopers
Easy: King K. Rool! |
How did you do? Thanks for playing this month's edition of Guess Who, and please check back October for more fun questions!
Welcome to Quiz, a place where I... quiz you, on Mario stuff. The Awards happened last month, and as a result, all of this edition's questions are based off things that won an Award, be it good or bad. Happy guessing!
- Which enemy is well known for throwing hammers?
- Who is Mario's brother?
- What is the name of the sequel to Paper Mario?
- If you are playing Super Mario 3D World with only one player, how many times do you need to complete each level to 100% the game?
- What is the full name of the game usually referred to as "Yoshi's Island"?
- How many Bob-ombs are on the painting used to access Bob-omb Battlefield?
- Where do you find a Clumph in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga?
- How do you get to the Pachinko machine in Super Mario Sunshine?
- In what game does Waluigi's eyes glow purple?
|The 'Shroom: Issue 114|
|Staff sections||Staff Notes • Awards Director Election • The 'Shroom Spotlight|
|Features||Fake News • Fun Stuff • Palette Swap • Pipe Plaza • Critic Corner• Strategy Wing|
|Specials||Anton's Awards Reflections • 'Shroom Awards VII • Ultimate Music Battle|
|Front Page About Archives Comments Subscribe Spotlight Contact us Manual of Style Sign up |