Talk:Statue Armour Ghost
Change the Name?
- What do you propose would be a better name? I just based this name off the mummy greenies. Robecuba (talk)
Move to "Possessed Armor" and list more kinds
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
move to possessed armor 2-4
Like the user above, the name seems unfitting to me since Tough Possessor also uses these suits. So I propose we move the page to "Possessed Armor" and, possibly, also cover the ones that stand still, and attack Luigi with their weapons when he gets closer to them.
Move to "Possessed Armor" and add more kinds
Move to "Possessed Armor"
- Madikoopa (talk) If multiple types of ghosts use the suits, I think we should move it. The current name would imply that the suit is used exclusively by Greenies, which isn't true.
- SuperYoshiBros (talk) It mentions the Tough Possessor in the article, so it's not really a fitting name.
- MegaKoopa (talk) Per my proposal.
- Mario7 (talk) Per all
- Goombob (talk) It is fine as it is.
- Iggy Koopa Jr (talk) The problem is, that both the names are conjectural, we should only move it until an official title is found.
@SuperYoshiBros. I'm fairly certain you can't use 'It sounds better' as a reason, it makes it sound like you're supporting it because you like the name, not because it'll be better for the wiki. EDIT: Thanks. Yoshi876 (talk)
For future reference, the Prima eGuide for LMDM refers to them as generic armor: "When the cinematic ends, one of the nearby suits of armor steps into the room and attacks. Lure the armor to the center of the Ceremonial Chamber. When the armor steps on the rug, vacuum one of the rug’s corners and perform an A-Pull. When the armor crashes to the ground, a Strong Greenie emerges from the pieces. " Hello, I'm Time Turner.
According to Hiccup, various strings in the game's code.bin include: StatueArmour, suitofarmor, armor, StatueArmourGhostBoss, StatueArmourGhost, StatueArmourGhostGiant, and statue. StatueArmourGhost likely refers to this enemy, though it seems a bit redundant, so perhaps it could be simplified to "Armour Ghost" (with British spelling due to the name à la Coloured Coin)? LinkTheLefty (talk) 12:14, 29 August 2017 (EDT)
- Wouldn't "Statue Armour" or "Statue Armor Ghost" be more appropriate? Hello, I'm Time Turner. 12:18, 29 August 2017 (EDT)
- I'd be fine with that, though "Statue Armour Ghost" seems better. Was also wondering if the suits of armor in the Armory from the first Luigi's Mansion would be a notable reference, as they act in a similar way (or do those already have a page somewhere?). 12:20, 29 August 2017 (EDT)