Fourth figure of Shiverburn
If you look very closely at the image that shows the textures of the Shiverburn figures you can see the top of the head of a fourth figure to the right side of the far right figure. Because the textures for the figures contain both a tall and short figure it makes since that there should be a short one next to each tall one. For some reason Nintendo didn't want us to see the fourth figures and tried to conceal it behind the mountain.--Fourth figure 21:00, 28 May 2011 (EDT)
Here is an image to show what I'm talking about. It's way to large but here it is. --Fourth figure 20:53, 4 June 2011 (EDT)
I just played through this level for the first time, and noticed the "trees", as I had read about them before. When I got the first star, I got a letter from Rosalina (I think? don't spoil it), saying that there are some nice people watching over the baby Luma. This letter is probably obtained once the player gets 45 stars, but is it really that? What if it's obtained when the player completes Shiverburn? If so, could the person in the letter be referring to the mysterious trees? Pretty sure I pressed submit before... second time typing all this...Espyo 10:24, 30 May 2011 (EDT)
Might be worth noting that "Hell's Valley" is the name of a famous hot spring in Asia where monkeys like to bath in. The name of those textures might be referencing this place, specially considering the fact that the hot spring is located in a pretty cold area. It sounds like some sort of inside joke to me.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Magiluigi (talk).
- Well, the texture name is "HellValleySkyTree" and the texture doesn't really look like it has anything to do with the hot spring. Dunno why it the developers would call it "Sky Tree" though. Ray Trace(T|C)
Hell Valley explanation
I just realized that the if you look at the entire drawn background of the galaxy, you can see lava flowing through a valley made of ice, hence the name, HellValley.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk). It's possible, but unconfirmed so therefore it is speculation and not allowed on the article. Yoshi876 (talk)
Split the kodama easter egg
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
DON'T SPLIT 3-10
I understand they are merely minor cameos that do not effect gameplay, but I'm pretty sure this is notable enough to warrant its own page. Also, they don't just appear in this level, so it doesn't really make sense to keep it in this article, as opposed to Grand Master Galaxy. They also return in a SM3dL, making it important. As a nintendo mystery, it would make a very interesting read, and I certainly believe it can be expanded to enough to make a good article.
- Toadbrigade5 (talk) You know, it's really stupid we have to write more stuff here.
- Megamario15 (talk) We're supposed to be a resource for everything Mario ever created. If we create a separate article about these figures, if it becomes a stub section, it will motivate people to write more about it. Especially if it ends up in the 'Shroom Spotlight.
- Green6017 Guy (talk)Per Megamario. If this was 3 years ago I would have said no, but now this has expanded into its own seprate thing and it needs its own page.
- 1337star (talk) It's just a tree. The Eternal Star statue in Super Mario 64 appears in multiple Nintendo games (it also appears in, at least, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time), spawned possibly the most well known Mario related rumor, and has even been referenced in official Nintendo material, but we don't (and shouldn't, in my opinion) have a separate article on that. This is far less "notable" and therefore doesn't deserve an article either.
- Chocolate Mario (talk) Since they appear in more than one galaxy, maybe this info belongs on the Super Mario Galaxy 2 page or somewhere else, but easter eggs like this never need their own article, since they wouldn't be searched for enough and they are quite unimportant, being NPCs.
- SuperYoshiBros (talk) Per 1337star. We'll put it on the Super Mario Galaxy 2 page anyway, now that the Easter Egg proposal has passed.
- Madz the Penguin (talk) "I understand they are merely minor cameos that do not effect gameplay..." So, according to your logic, we have to include everything from the Mario series, no matter how minor it is? That's like saying, "Hey, generic Toad #376 may appear in Paper Mario Sticker Star and New Super Mario Bros! Let's create an article for him!". It's stretching the inclusion policy way too far, especially when we have an Easter Egg section right in the game articles.
- Dfrthyui (talk) Per 1337star.
- BabyLuigi64 (talk) Per 1337star, they're just really objects that are part of the background. They don't do anything but stare at Mario or Luigi. It's better that we keep it as in a section without its own article.
- Andymii (talk) I understand that you say that this Easter egg is important because it is mysterious, but really all we need is to utilize the section for Easter eggs on the game's wiki page. We cannot just create a page for every single small thing; otherwise, the wiki would be loaded with stubs and unneeded information that could easily be summarized in a few sentences on another page. So, per Madz the Penguin.
- The Mario Gamer (talk) Per 1337star
- Ghost Jam (talk) Per 1337star. Wouldn't object to moving/making note of it on Easter Egg, though.
- Walkazo (talk) - Per all.
- There was a previous proposal to make Easter Egg pages for games, however it failed because there wouldn't be enough content. A recent proposal made it so we would do an actual section on the game's page for Easter Eggs, though. -- Too Bad! Waluigi Time! 17:43, 8 January 2015 (EST)
This proposal proves that we either need to fix the inclusion policy or make it more clear. I'm tired of these proposals that make the Mario Wiki seem like a wiki that makes articles for everything, from Mario himself to each individual bush in the Mario series. True, "an encyclopedia for everything Mario" is our motto, but that doesn't mean we include articles for everything in the Mario series. We just decide if it's important enough, and then we make an article for it if it is. Madz the Penguin (talk) 15:33, 10 January 2015 (EST)
@Toadbrigade5: Where do they appear in Super Mario 3D Land? I'm just curious, I beat the game (100%) long ago, and I never saw them once. I had to see a YouTube video to find out about them. Megamario15 - The REAL Mario (talk) 13:16, 11 January 2015 (EST)
- They're probably not the same thing, but there is this similar ghost thing that appears in ghost houses (the wiki says 4-4, but that's not the only level, so that needs to be fixed) that appears for a few seconds, then appears to scream as it disappears. Appearance is the only thing tell us it may be the same, but we can't be sure. BabyLuigi64
- I think I would've noticed it... I'll keep an eye out for it when I convince myself to stop playing Smash and start playing 3D Land. Thank you. Megamario15 - The REAL Mario (talk) 22:28, 15 January 2015 (EST)
"Tree" Easter egg Rename
Don't you guys think that section should be Renamed to what it is talking about? a.k.a Hell Valley Sky Trees? Mariokid (talk) 18:51, 6 November 2015 (EST) umm... Hello? i'm asking a question, and everyone seems to be ignoring me... Mariokid (talk) 18:55, 16 November 2015 (EST)
- I think it's fine as it is, but I guess we can rename the section to "Hell Valley Sky Tree Easter Egg". KaBoom! 19:26, 16 November 2015 (EST)
- It used to be this way, but I'm guessing it was changed because "Hell" y'know? J-Luigi (talk) 19:31, 16 November 2015 (EST)
Platforms getting smaller
I don't think the platforms on the Lava Planet actually get smaller. I think they actually, while getting smaller at one point, become larger in the end because, of course, the platforms are revolving around the planet, so the bigger ones at the start also appear at the end. I personally think the sentence 'As the player progresses, the platforms become smaller' should be deleted, but I just wanted to see if this is OK before doing so.