Talk:Princess Peach's voice
I think this page is nonsense, because it's not a character or something like that. All info can be found on other pages, too. Could a Sysop please delete it?
- We needed an article on the subject, so I decided to write it. But then I found that it was difficult to summarize the use of Peach's voice without leaving out crucial details, so I wrote the entire plot while focusing entirely on the voice itself. And I think the images are okay to, along with the media files which illustrate the notable events within the plot which involve Princess Peach's voice. Please don't just go and delete it. I worked so hard on the article.
I just noticed how unnecessarily long this is, and I would like to bring it up again. This article is pretty ridiculous, especially when the whole plot is covered just because of one item. This reminds me of BabyLuigiOnFire's majestic work of Baby Luigi in one game. BabyLuigiOnFire worked so hard, and look where it is now (at least she's proud of it). KaBoom! 14:17, 17 March 2013 (EDT)
- Calling dibs on rewriting it.
Whether you worked really hard on it or not, this article is still pointless and bloated. It looks more like a fan-fic based on the plot of MLSS than an encyclopedia entry. Also, who was it who decided we "needed" an article on a character's bodily function? I suppose the next thing you're going to write is an article on Mario's mustache. Vent (talk) 01:33, 18 March 2013 (EDT)
- FTR that article already exists.
- Is a case even involved? I said I'm happy to rewrite it and that's that.
Delete this article
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
I'll preface this by stating that the article was originally sixteen paragraphs long. Since then, it has been trimmed again and again and again and again and again, with each user chopping off more words than the last. I made the last set of changes, but even as I was rewriting it, I struggled immensely with trying to focus the article solely on Princess Peach's voice and not what other people happen to be doing around it. This is outlined in the Good Writing policy; to summarize, context is fine, but keep it to a minimum. There are several problems with doing that for this article.
The article doesn't even center around Princess Peach's voice. As it itself explains, Peach's voice is fine: it was Birdo who had her voice stolen. Even if it's referred to as such, it's a misnomer. Because the article sticks with it, the entire history has to be shaped as if it's totally unaware of that fact until it's "revealed". This is fine for a novel, but not so much for a wiki. Also, the voice isn't all that important. It's the trigger for Mario and Luigi's adventure, it's the end goal for the adventure, but that's really all it is. The only two times it genuinely has an impact is when it's stolen in the intro and when it's put into use at the Hooniversity. This results in most of the article revolving around explanations, why the voice was stolen, what people want to do with the voice, why the voice failed to work, and so on, rather than on what the voice actually does. This isn't necessarily bad in practice, but it leads to my biggest complaint.
The voice and the plot of the story are 100% intertwined. Everything that revolves around the voice would be included in a synopsis of the story, which it already is. The villain's plan, the villain's goal, the villain's attempt to put his plan into action, the hero's attempt to thwart the villain's plan, and so on are all critical points that should be covered. The article even leads in with the fact that the voice is a plot element, because it's nothing more than a device used to move forward the story. There's nothing that can be expanded on that wouldn't already be expanded on in the game's main article. This is basically copying sections and then rewording them, and there's no other way to go about it. The voice doesn't even qualify for an article on other merits because the voice is not a physical item, let alone something that is actually acquired or even seen throughout the course of the game. It doesn't serve a purpose and is basically just repeating information with nothing new.
- Time Turner (talk) Per proposal.
- Glowsquid (talk) This article is an embarassment.
- Tails777 (talk) Ah an article named Peach's Voice and Peach's voice isn't even the voice the article is supposed to be referring to. Misleading title, good start, delete that article! Per proposal.
- RandomYoshi (talk) – Per all.
- Bazooka Mario (talk) This is a a mere plot device that isn't even tangible. The only thing more dumb than this article is probably Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga's plot.
- Niiue (talk) Wait, what? Per all.
- Magikrazy (talk) Sorry, YoshiKong. I know you worked hard on this, but the guys behind Foodfight worked hard on that film too. That doesn't make it good. Per all.
- BabyLuigi64 (talk) Per all. The game's article can explain this without this.
- Roy Koopa (talk) What the dumbarticle is this?
- Baby Luigi (talk) Per Glowsquid.