Split Mushroom Genie and Genie of the Lamp into separate articles
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
These characters have a similar role and are summoned by similar means, but they look and act very differently; the Mushroom Genie is more lean and gentle to its master, whereas the Genie of the Lamp is far larger and rougher, not to mention they appear to have a different mushroom cap as well as a slightly different outfit. If this proposal passes, I might make a similar proposal for Magic Lamp and Genie Lamp.
- LinkTheLefty (talk) Per proposal.
- SuperYoshiBros (talk) It's pretty obvious they're different characters. They have different names (even in Japan, which is pretty much solid proof based on past merges/splits) and look pretty different too. Also, even if they do the exact same thing, the way they execute it is different too.
- Time Turner (talk) The differing names, looks, personalities, and actions suggest to me that these are different characters. Per all.
- Warioad (talk) Per all.
- River Piranha (talk) Hardly worth worrying about for such a minor character, and the two articles created from the split would both be extremely short.
- Mario (talk) The Japanese names aren't extremely drastic (Mushroom Genie, Genie of the Lamp), and I view the Mario Party 4 incarnation of the genie to be more of a drastic redesign rather than a separate character. So, I'm leaning toward keeping them merged.
I always thought the Genie in Mario Party 4 is supposed to be a joke (a normally muscular Genie lets himself go) to the older Mario Party games. Not to mention, both their outfits and their mustache are the same. It can be just a drastic redesign. KaBoom! 22:01, 9 December 2014 (EST)