Talk:List of items
Super Mario RPG's items
I made the list for the games items, can somebody help with filling in the descriptions?
- Yoshi Master
About RPG Items [RESOLVED]
Volt Shroom. It's an item. It would fit very well in Category:Collectibles and Category:Power-Ups AND Category:RPG Items. See the problem?
So, here's my solution:
Make RPG Items into two categories.
- RPG Items - Special (for things like the Crystal Stars)
- RPG Items - General (for things like the Volt Shroom)
-- Ghost Jam 00:20, 22 April 2006 (EDT)
- Why not just add them all in those Categories? What's wrong with simply having a stuffed section?
- Well, nothing is really wrong about it, I'm just anal about this kind of thing. It makes sense to me that an object would have a specific classification and a few other non-specific ones. Ya know, a Mushroom is a fungus, but it's also a parasite and a plant. -- Ghost Jam 12:39, 22 April 2006 (EDT)
- Still, though, it's not a bad idea. But what exactly classifies an item as 'special' or 'general?' Plus, you know, someone'd have to go through each item and manually sort them. Would take awhile to do. --DarkInsanity (talk)
- Well, I was going to set it up similar to how I did the first time. I originally had a category called Special for all of the important story items. I realized that these items are only seen in RPGs, so the category became RPG Items. As for deciding which goes where, story items would be Special (such as Blimp Ticket and Puni Orb) and normal items would be General (such as Volt Shroom and Boo's Sheet). As far as the work goes, I can do that myself, I just wanted the community OK first.
-- Ghost Jam 12:39, 22 April 2006 (EDT)
- Yeah, bugs me a bit too. I guess that's why we're here. [INSERT SUPERMAN PIC HERE]
- I'm going to protect the items page temporarily while I'm performing the surgery.
-- Ghost Jam 16:14, 22 April 2006 (EDT)
As a list, I would think that our sections for this article should be arranged in alphabetical order or game order (for example, power-ups would come before Super Mario RPG items as power-ups were introduced before Super Mario RPG items). What do the compilers think? --Stumpers
- Shouldn't be like a section with a list of items for each game? Naturally, when you're seeing some game's page and check the Items link you would be looking for items in this said game, wouldn't it? Then, the items who repeat itselves among the games would repeat in the list as well, and their links in this page would go to the same page but the referred game's section of the item. Hellmasterbg (talk) 00:01, 12 June 2014 (EDT)
- Oh, so you're saying that we organize this list by game appearances? Not sure what you mean in the last line, but anyhow, there is going to be a lot of repeats, especially with the basic items, like the Mushroom. Funny, it sort of used to be like this (not sure if this revision is the best one). KaBoom! 00:06, 12 June 2014 (EDT)
Why is the sections listed by games and then even in those Sections the items listed say the game title Example:
==Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Items== *Boo's Sheet – Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
- That's a bit superflous, true. The sorting on the whole page is a bit confusing. Should we use an alphabetical list like on Characters? - Cobold (talk · contribs) 12:26, 3 September 2007 (EDT)
I just found out that...
Maybe it was easier to make it a series sorting like for example(regarding the series of its own):
- ! Block-Mario and Yoshi Series
I mean if this doesn't work out then shouldn't we have a separate page like List of Wario series Items, List of Yoshi series Items, and List of Donkey Kong series Items?
Really the way we have it here is much more wieldy than your idea. User:Doopliss42/sig
Items based in the game
Like how Fg said, it would be easier to find items if it would be based in the game, not in the alphabet. Any comments? *coff* Marshal Dan Troop what do you think? *coff* YoshiFan1200 (talk) 01:34, 24 February 2013 (EST)
Kingkoopa64, Zombie shrooms and Ghost shrooms are totally different articles and totally different items.
- The user who put up that template, simply said this: "This isn't a list; it's a mess". I don't get what this user wants to see. This is supposed to be a list. Anyway, I removed the template. KaBoom! 16:23, 2 April 2013 (EDT)
Question About Multiple Appearances
Hi, I have seen some items that appear in more than 1 game. Is the game next to each powerup just its first appearance? Thanks!