Talk:List of Mario Kart Wii glitches
Hi everbody, here's another glitches we have founded in Mario Kart Wii. Some of these, I will get you a hint: don't try this.
- 1 Character With a Mii Head
- 2 New glitch
- 3 Maple Treeway Glitch
- 4 DK's Jungle Parkway
- 5 Glitches and More!
- 6 "Selecting the Same Character" glitch prevents completion of Grand Prix
- 7 "Neck and Neck" not completely right
- 8 Jump over roof in Bowser's Castle
- 9 DS Desert Hills glitch
- 10 peach beach under water driving
- 11 omg invisible walls!!!!
- 12 invisible wall glitch.
- 13 Mega mushroom glitch
- 14 Peach Garden Freeze glitch
- 15 Black Screen of Death apparear when eject disc
- 16 Coconut Mall Glitch Explanation
- 17 N64 DK's Jungle Parkway Ultra Shortcut
- 18 camera glitch
- 19 how to clip?
- 20 cool glitch
- 21 Rainbow Road Star Clip
- 22 Tiny titan glitch
- 23 Some of these aren't really glitches at all
Character With a Mii Head
I'm not sure how I did this, but I did a multiplayer match with my friend and we were both Daisy. At the award ceremony, one Daisy had my Mii's head. I'm not sure what this is or how to do it, so i'm not editing until i'm sure. Can anyone help? LuigiBoo 09:22, 11 October 2011 (EDT)
I was playing on Grumble Volcano earlier as Luigi and found a new glitch:I missed a jump and my front wheel of my bike got stuck on a rock leaving me stuck there untill I reset it. Can someone add it in?--Yoshidude99 12:49, 5 February 2012 (EST)
I'm just wondering where to add it in the article--Yoshidude99 13:05, 5 February 2012 (EST)
Basically add it in, give it a name and then put it in.
Maple Treeway Glitch
Are you talking about the lap count glitch, or are you talking about the wall glitch on the first turn after the cannon? - Scorpion
DK's Jungle Parkway
There is no cannon in this track. Someone that has a clue needs to either remove that "glitch" entirely or explain what the author was trying to explain his/herself.
- The writer was probably referring to the big jump giving you invincibility frames, but I removed the glitch due to it not being the best writing and the writing is unclear.
- KaBoom! 21:53, 26 April 2013 (EDT)
Glitches and More!
Hey, guys! I was looking up videos of Mario Kart Wii Glitches on , and I found this. Hwoever, it has a low quality and they guy driving is freaking annoying! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CObPnFZYeiA#!
- Yes, indeed. Once the time reaches 99:59.999, the timer resets. That's how some cheaters get a very low Time Trial time.KaBoom! 00:45, 28 May 2013 (EDT)
Hey, here's an idea. Go to the park to pass the time. On another note, did you know some players could have a minimum of 00.00.001seconds on a course? []
"Selecting the Same Character" glitch prevents completion of Grand Prix
I did a 2 player multiplayer Grand Prix, Solo Mode (no team mode), used the "Selecting the Same Character" glitch, and after completing the fourth race and selecting "Next" to go to the Grand Prix ending animation, the screen infinitely stayed black and never progressed to the Grand Prix ending animation. Pressing the Home button did nothing, and it was impossible to turn the Wii off with the power button on the Wii or the Wii remote - I had to manually unplug the Wii from the power bar it was connected too. I tried this two times. This should be added to the "Selecting the Same Character" glitch section: "Additionally, using this glitch during Solo Mode Grand Prix will cause the game to infinitely get stuck on a black screen during the transition between completing the fourth race and the Grand Prix ending, forcing the player to manually unplug their Wii from its power source." --NOBODY (talk) 19:15, 15 August 2013 (EDT)
- You can't playa Grand Prix with two players, so I have no idea what you're talking about. - 08:55, 25 April 2014 (EDT)
"Neck and Neck" not completely right
I noticed that the "Neck and Neck" glitch is not completely right. The reason that you finish behind the player can have two reasons:
- The player who is necking you is actually further ahead than on your screen, because of internet lag.
- The player who is necking you has a different time than you. Sometimes a player has a lag start, starting later than the rest. But because MKWii's rankings are compared to time, the timer of the lagging player is a bit behind, thus his timer says he is finished before the other player, because his time is earlyer.
The "Neck and Neck"'s original description describes that you change positions, but not why and how.
I hope this information was useful and the text could be changed.
- Thanks for bringing that up! I have just removed it. I'm the one who originally out that in, but this was long before I was aware of internet lag. Zero777 (talk)
Jump over roof in Bowser's Castle
I was filming me and my brother play Bowser's Castle and found a glitch. I checked over it to see me jump through the ceiling and see a spooky forest. Then I landed back down. Can I add this to the list? Bowserjrkoopa (talk)
DS Desert Hills glitch
At hate beginning of the track, if you turn right towards the part before the lake, you can go into the off-road and wallclip, taking you to the other side. It counts the lap. Here is a video: Video 57sugoi (talk) 21:16, 28 December 2014 (EST)
peach beach under water driving
go into time trials, in any other mode, it will glitch the game.choose a light weight that is not very tall in the standard kart small, at the first cataquack zone, head left, to the area with the grey road jutting, in the water there go to the edge of the water backwards to the corner of the water of the light blue water, to the dark blue water. head left.reverse back into the dark blue water, you should be under dark blue water, the water is at the top, and the yellow floor is visible.no lakitu apears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omg invisible walls!!!!
invisible wall glitch.
this glitch is very easy, go to n64 bowser castle, in the room with the thwomps sliding along the floor, head right, behind the sliding thwomp, hit the light grey arch on the right side of it.do a standing mini turbo, move left, your back of your kart of bike should be on the back of the wall, and the wall will dissapear and you will see lava, and the thwomps from the second room (which wall is also invisible) will float.you can't drive back onto this lava.
Mega mushroom glitch
In multiplayer battle, all players get a mega mushroom, and P1 activates. 6 seconds in, p2 activates. when p1's mega mushroom runs out, P2 will be infinitly mega, and the sound will be over ptch.
Peach Garden Freeze glitch
|Warning! Performing this act may corrupt your game's save files.|
This glitch is extremely rare. When racing as a small character (I have used Koopa to doing this) in Peach Garden, in 3rd lap, accelerate between 2 high characters, and when you go like this: *_* (the _ is your character), the game will freeze and playing the sound that does before doing the glitch, high pitched and repeating 1 second after. After 15 seconds, the BSoD of the Wii will apparear. This is not possible when racing as 2-4 players or online, because when go *_*, the race "finish" automaticly and the game will not glitch.--MetalMario2 (talk) 16:21, 23 May 2015 (EDT)
- That sounds incredibly insane. First, when Mario Kart Wii freezes, it goes on an endless loop of a sound or a silent freeze. Second, if it was any other game, it's a BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP noise. And, the Blue Screen of Death for the Wii simply does not exist. When a game freezes, it freezes on the screen that was playing before something got it corrupted, the only option you have is to turn it off. I'm not putting that on there. Ray Trace(T|C) 19:48, 23 May 2015 (EDT)
Black Screen of Death apparear when eject disc
|Warning! Performing this act may corrupt your game's save files.|
Hyper mega rarely, if you eject the disc when in a race, it can be possible the BSoD apparear and begin to glitch the game. When performing the glitch, it arrives your Wii is not more functionnal :( and it arrive that you put a disc when doing before this glitch or the Peach Garden Freeze Glitch, the BSoD will apparear all other times and your Wii will not work. So, DON'T DO THIS GLITCH!!!!!! --MetalMario2 (talk) 16:59, 28 May 2015 (EDT)
Coconut Mall Glitch Explanation
If it says there are _ ways to do this glitch, then you should list them.
N64 DK's Jungle Parkway Ultra Shortcut
There's an ultra shortcut on N64 DK's Jungle Parkway where if you clip the first tree on the right from the cave facing towards the edge of the MARIO KART banner you can bounce off the top of it and glitch through the wall landing in the cave and it counts. Can someone add this to the page?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UygONr34_Uw Here. Done by me (only one other person has made this, I can also post the Sherbet Land glitch too.)
- That's not a glitch at all. It's just the game forces the camera to not clip through the wall. In any place that has a wall like this, it can happen anywhere. Ray Trace(T|C) 15:52, 11 December 2015 (EST)
Alright but it still looks cool. 22.214.171.124
how to clip?
You align the character's model pixel perfect with the object you are attempting to clip, and if you have the exact alignment and wheelie and mushroom, you can perform a clip. It is very difficult and often requires many attempts to do.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Scorpion (talk).
I don't know how I did it but I was playing 4 players and when we were selecting characters P2 was selecting a mii then when the mii was sleected my character had disappeared!!!!!!--126.96.36.199 16:17, 16 December 2015 (EST)
- This doesn't happen in my copy of the game. Your disc is probably damaged. Ray Trace(T|C) 16:27, 16 December 2015 (EST)
No, that might be it but there are two things I forgot to say. 1. I had not selected a character, 2. we tried multiple times but it only happened that one time.--188.8.131.52 17:50, 16 December 2015 (EST)
Rainbow Road Star Clip
I want to put this glitch into the article, but I don't know how it works, or even how to do it consistently. Does anybody have an idea what is happening here? --The Koopa Resistance (talk) 11:03, 22 May 2017 (EDT)
- I don't know for sure, but it looks like the character is going too high and hitting the invisible top of the area, bouncing back down. --Super Mario Fan 67 (T•C•S) 11:18, 22 May 2017 (EDT)
Tiny titan glitch
While playing a solo grand prix on coconut mall i performed a glitch that made me come in last place. I don't remember how to specifically do it because that was about 3-4 years ago. But this is what i remember: play as koopa troopa in the tiny titan. go to second floor of coconut mall (the first area before you can get back down). I drove into a corner of a escalator just right, and flipped over. The camera angle went all wonky and since there was nothing to fall off of, i was stuck there for the rest of the race. This is very similar to another post here. I don't know if you could use other racers and vehicles, but it's certainly worth trying! -- BIGMOOD