Talk:List of Luigi's Mansion pre-release and unused content
- 1 Watermarks
- 2 Failure to save result debate
- 3 Zombie Luigi
- 4 Possessed by ghost?
- 5 Rewrite
- 6 Nintendo 64 Concepts-Manual Proof
- 7 The "Elh"
- 8 Time Limit?
- 9 The Poltergust 3000 being called the Poltergust 400
- 10 i found a better version of the beta theme
- 11 Severe re-writing needed
- 12 E Gadd's Lab Oddities Coverage?
- 13 Image Found
- 14 About the Vase?
- 15 Beta game remake
- 16 Citation #16 Error
We need the same images without them. WikiofSmash"It's called society, ever heard of it?" 19:22, 9 August 2011 (EDT)
Failure to save result debate
I've heard diferent rumors about what would happen if Luigi failed to save Mario in time. Some say he becomes a zombie, others say depression. What's the REAL truth?Shadow Master 11:45, 18 November 2011 (EST)
- But this type of talk belongs on the forums, so please take it there unless you're attempting to improve the article with these comments. Bop1996 (Talk)
Possessed by ghost?
The game over screen image's description says "Luigi was possessed by ghost". But how can we be so sure that he was?! He could have been extremly disapointed. Kingfawful4321 (talk) 16:30, 12 February 2013 (EST)
It never was the game over screen it was a rendered animation for the E3 trailer but the expression Luigi has was ment to be used for the end screen depending on your grade. Luigi was just ment to be super depressed. Donaldthescotishtwin
Nintendo 64 Concepts-Manual Proof
I looked on page 18 on the Luigi's Mansion manual(You can also see this on pgs.11,12,16,23,24,and 28)- and a picture caught my eye on the Gameboy Horror- the money icons(coins, dollars, gold bars) were PIXELATED, not 3D(Not EYE POPING 3D, cause the GameCube removed that). This could've been the icons for the Nintendo 64, or the beta. I actually think nobody knows about this!
Yours, The Mario Man
- This is confusing, so I looked into it myself. Turns out the icons are indeed different, but they're definitely not "pixelated" as you call them. (T|C) 14:11, 6 January 2014 (EST)
I dunno if this is his official name or anything, but a lot of different places add a beta boss referred to as the "Elh". I don't know much about him but he's not on here, I don't think. Can someone look into this? Peanutjon (talk) 13:20, 26 June 2014 (EDT)
- It's an unused model. "elh" is the file name. Nothing more and nothing less is known about the meaning of its name. --Hiccup (talk) 10:31, 5 August 2014 (EDT)
- Here's a picture. Kirby kart (talk)
I think it might have been some kind of early, beta version of Bogmire. King Dark Bowser
Would the time count down or up? When I saw the E3 beta trailer, the clock in one shot had A.M., 0:08, and a different LCD Bordor. If it counts down, the Game Over would come when the clock says 0:00. But if it was going up, then the Game Over would come when it read 24:00, right? Please help. Kirby kart (talk) 10:15 5 July 2014 (EST)
- There is no evidence to say that the timer was used for anything other than kicking people out of the demo. --Hiccup (talk) 10:35, 5 August 2014 (EDT)
I'm glad that the timer wasn't in the final game. It would probably take a LOT of tries to complete the game in a day. And the worse part is, if you kept failing, you'd see that stupid Luigi-possessed-by-a-ghost-and/or-extremely-disappointed scene. King Dark Bowser
The Poltergust 3000 being called the Poltergust 400
I don't think the Poltergust 3000 was ever called the Poltergust 400. I think it was just a typo on a YouTubers video on the beta of Luigi's Mansion. This is the oldest Luigi's Mansion video I could find calling it by that name and here's my evidence: If you look at part 3:28, he misspelled the Poltergust 3000 as "Poltergust 4000" and at 3:41 as "Poltergust 400". So it's likely just a typo, since there's no hardcore evidence saying it's actually called the Poltergust 400 or Poltergust 4000. Jjrapper100 (talk) 14:46, 28 November 2014 (EST)
My source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ssPKBq8HWU
- Thank you unknown person, will I agree with you, I'd like the opinion of other users. Toadbrigade5 (talk) 14:34, 28 November 2014 (EST)
i found a better version of the beta theme
Severe re-writing needed
All the cutting and editing people have done to attempt to "improve" this article has really made it worse. There are non-sequiturs all over, references to other lines that don't exist anymore, poor explanation, and the gallery I think has more content and description than the actual article. Stop worrying about adding pictures and start worrying about adding words. Or meld the pictures into the article, because at the moment I think this article was better with the un-cited stuff. At least then it was coherent. Meganerd18 (talk) 23:44, 22 June 2015 (EDT)
- What revision did you think was when the article was better with the un-cited stuff? You can contact the user who made the sweeping changes. I believe it's Time Turner (talk), but I suggest parsing through this page's history and click on the corresponding cur/pre buttons on the left of each revision. I wouldn't support reverting it to its original state, as it's better to have factual information with poor writing than made-up unsourced information with good writing. KaBoom! 17:21, 23 June 2015 (EDT)
- Agreed, I'm probably going to upload many pictures to fix those un-cited sources and try my best to bring back the version, which explained the beta in great detail once more sometime soon, until a user started removing and removing large portions of the article because of it lacking significant references. And I'll use photos and links for references, as I also do think that the gallery explains the beta more than the article's writing itself. --Michael (talk) 11:44, 1 May 2016 (EDT)
E Gadd's Lab Oddities Coverage?
In E. Gadd's Lab, you can use an Action Replay code to walk around E. Gadd's Lab, which through doing so you can find a number of interesting things, such as a climbable ladder that leads nowhere and an out-of-sight door that say "Training". (More on that here.) I think that this should have at least 'some' sort of coverage on the Wiki, but I'm not sure exactly where. I was thinking maybe here, but I'm not quite sure what section we would put it in. The other place I'm thinking we could put it is the page for E Gadd's lab, probably in the trivia. I'm thinking it could maybe go in both, but now I'm not sure if it should go in here, not sure if this would be a great place for it to be out in. So what do you guys think? Thanks! TheDisneyGamer (talk) 10:57, 21 October 2015 (EDT)
About the Vase?
I'm not sure if it's just me or if the Vase is displaying some sort of optical illusion, but the Blue Vase isn't blue from my eyes. I'm actually seeing it with hues of Grey and Gold Stripes, anyone else experiencing this? --Vaati (talk) 16:47, 26 February 2016 (EST)
Beta game remake
I know this might not be important, but I found a YouTuber, CyberTanuki, of whom tried his best to make his own beta version of Luigi's Mansion and I thought it was worth checking out his YouTube video! He worked with two other YouTubers, AbsoluteG and Catley, on the project and I thought it was interesting. So I decided you guys should check it out, as I thought it was a 70-80% glimpse to what the beta might've been like, had the beta elements not been removed. --Michael (talk) 11:00, 2 May 2016 (EDT)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F-4gqSWAPo - the Luigi's Mansion beta revival project YouTube video
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChPU454rtdODMDxumO7pGTg - CyberTanuki's YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpmdlyBLlUaV9Vwyj6Vdm4A/videos - AbsoluteG's channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMlTk0UWvYe-POBfeNR66lw/videos - Catley's channel
- They've all deleted their channels for some reason, but the revival project trailer is archived here and CyberTanuki created a new channel here. They said in the comments of this video that the project is still in development under the title "Luigi's Mansion: Beta Rebirth". Raymond1922A (talk) 17:00, June 2, 2019 (EDT)
Citation #16 Error
- love... Sadly, it's fixed :P--13:56, 4 May 2016 (EDT)