MarioWiki:Featured articles/N1/List of rumors and urban legends about Mario
- 0blivion (talk) I became interested in this article last month and have worked to try and help it meet the quality of a featured article by going through one section at a time. All the sections now have at least one reference, and almost all references are website links that contain Wayback Machine archive links with them to lessen the chances that a link becomes dead and history relating to the rumor is lost. All references have been formatted to the best of my ability to keep them similar and orderly. The categories are also ordered by either the release date of the game that came out or the exact creation date of the rumor if it is known, to make it more chronological for people who are reading the whole article. Finally, I incorporated the "Other" and "External links" sections into the article itself, and added a longer introduction.
- TasteTheFiresOfHelp (talk) This looks good with a sufficient amount of links and pictures. Will support.
- Ray Trace (talk) Very solid article, you have my support.
- GreenWeegee (talk)Will this include the SM64 Iceberg either way I shall support this.
- The Mansion (talk) Per all, these pages tend to be very interesting themselves.
- Koopa con Carne (talk) Per all.
- Scrooge200 (talk) Featuring this could help clear up these misconceptions. Very interesting and well-researched.
- Camwood777 (talk) This was already quite the solid article, but with the new additions, I think it's definitely capable of becoming a featured article!
- Waluigi Time (talk) Looks like everything has been sourced now, nicely done.
- CBFan5 (talk) This article is quite solid, as there are no broken files, contractions, etc. It should be a featured article.
- WildWario (talk) Per all.
- Somethingone (talk) Per All.
#Wikiboy10 (talk) While the citation needed templates are gone now, we still need better sources. One of the rules is that an article shouldn't have maintenance templates. Some sections of the article could use images such as Super Mario Galaxy DS, a picture of the manual that mentions the bricks and Toads, the Laser Suit, and the magazine scan of Rosalina (which is linked but not as an image).
Removal of opposes
- TasteTheFiresOfHelp (talk) Each Galaxy DS, the manual mentioned by Wikiboy that mentions Mushroom Kingdom residents turning into bricks, an image of the Laser Suit in the power-up square for Super Mario World, and the magazine showing Rosalina are on the page now. There are no more maintainence templates either. So Wikiboy10’s remaining points, as of right now on this nomination page, have been addressed.
- Somethingone (talk) Per Taste.
- Waluigi Time (talk) All current points of opposition have been addressed.
This needs more votes so whether you support or oppose it’s featuring, please leave a vote so there is closure if people agree with me that it should be featured. TasteTheFiresOfHelp (talk), 10:51, August 1, 2021 EST
Regarding the three citation needed tags, I'm not sure how much more can be done. I had already looked for their sources before nominating the article, and after doing more research, I still cannot find proof that the first two exist. The last one is supported by Glowsquid, who added that information to the Ashley and Red article initially, but only from their memory, as the European WarioWare: Touched! website only shows an error page and is blacklisted from being archived. Glowsquid sent me an SWF file of a portal that was supposed to send you to web links, but I haven't been able to get clicking on the characters in the portal to send me to any website. If someone else wants to try, this is a download link to the SWF. The other two buttons with the game logos on them just send me to http://www.warioware.biz/_swf/twisted/ and http://www.warioware.biz/_swf/touched/ , both of which redirect to the main Nintendo website because their sites have been removed already. The WarioWare: Touched! website is looking like it is lost, but I think that we could afford to keep the citation tag up and still feature the article, especially considering how many other sources there are for the other topics. 0blivion 22:04, August 6, 2021 (EDT)
- Adding onto this--currently the only citation needed right now (as of August 11, 2021) is indeed the Ashley source, which while cited, could use improvement as it has a roadblock thanks to Adobe Flash doing that "dying" thing. I know the Wario Land 4 promotional Greedville site is on Flashpoint (a very respected Flash archival project)--has anyone checked if the WarioWare: Touched site's flash components have been preserved on it? Even if not, it may be worth getting in touch with the Flashpoint team to hunt it down and properly preserve it once and for all. ~Camwood777 (talk) 15:49, August 11, 2021 (EDT)
We need a patroller or higher vote to remove Wikiboy10's oppose, as all of the images he said should be uploaded are uploaded now. The manual mentioned by Wikiboy10 that mentions Mushroom Kingdom residents turning into bricks, an image of the Laser Suit in the power-up square for Super Mario World, and the magazine showing Rosalina are on the page now. That, and there are no more maintenance templates. So, I see no reason why his vote should stay any longer. TasteTheFiresOfHelp (talk), 17:08 PM, August 24, 2021 (EST)