The 'Shroom:Issue LXXIX/Fun Stuff
Anyway, congratulations to General bob-omb (talk), whose Hiding Koopa won September's section of the month, receiving twelve votes. Megadardery (talk)'s Mind Bogglers came in second place with 8 votes.
My worst fears have been realized; Blocky has been relocated to the “activates director" position (obviously just a ploy by SMB and Tucky to lessen the influence of the popular war hero Blocky), and has been replaced by that miserable, incompetent (but still incredibly popular) fool Colonel Smasher. This is indeed a set back in my quest to reclaim my rightful position as Fun Stuff director, but never the less I will prevail. But in the meantime
Did you know:
- That Luigi was the first Mario character to have a live action actor?
- That in Japan all of the playable kongs in the Donkey Kong Country series' names start with a D?
- That in the game The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask the Happy Mask Salesman has a Mario mask?
- That the character Olimar’s name is an anagram for Mario?
- That even though Nabbit is a good guy in the game New Super Luigi U he still appears in the game as a bad guy?
- That according to the Club Nintendo Comic Mario In Mariozilla Mario and Kamek are secretly friends?
Find the Differences
Apparently I made a mistake while adding the answer boxes last month. The answers were:
Game: Super Mario Land
Rules: You'll get 5 hints on a Character, which should be used to guess the answer. This character can be from any part of the Mario, Wario and Donkey Kong Universe. If you scroll down you'll see a little spoiler box, hiding the answer.
- This character is very greedy.
- This character likes Garlic.
- Although this character is most commonly seen as the Protagonist of games, his existence started out as a main villain.
- This character has his own (fictional) Game Studio.
- This character is the direct opposer of Mario.
|Answer working now.|
Guess that Game
Rules: Same as in "Guess Who".
- This game is set on a tropical island.
- Yoshi is in this game.
- This game marks the first appearance of one of Bowser's Sidekicks.
- One of the main features of this game is a giant water gun used to fly over obstacles and to clean the floor.
- This game was NOT released on the SNES.
|Click to find answers!|
HI, I'm your masonic Co-director Tucayo, here with Round 2 of Mystery Quotes, after getting some positive feedback. Just guess who said each quote.
- "This is the AMMO DEPOT, not a GARBAGE DUMP! What, do people think they can just toss their trash here and it'll magically disappear?"
- "What're YOU lookin' at? If you wanna challenge me, you have to bring Cookies!"
- "Oh yeah... Spike. Yeah yeah, I'm Spike..."
- "I smell delicious ghosts! Open the door!"
- "You!! You ignored all those very scary warnings... Don't you have the common sense to get scared and run away?! What's wrong with you?!?!"
In honor of our new Fun Stuff director Smasher, I present a Brawl Mind Bogglers. Enjoy!
The logo of SSBB got broken by me, sorry. Now I gotta search for these fourteen letters. Help please?
By General bob-omb (talk)
Tanookis (Tanukis), Raccoons, and now cats? Animal power-ups seem to be the thing today. I wonder what’s next: dogs, fish… turtles? Well, I guess they already covered that last one with all the koopa power-ups (Come on Nintendo, reuse the Hammer Bros. suit…). In the spirit of such an oversaturation, try finding that koopa.
Hello, readers, and welcome to this month's issue of Crossword!!
Halloween's near, and so the October Crossword will be a little spooooooooky...
|5||Vacuum used by Luigi in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (__________ 5000)||1||Boo's partner in Mario Party 7|
|6||Machine used by Luigi in the original Luigi's Mansion||2||Multiplayer-only mansion from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon|
|8||First type of ghost encountered by Luigi in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon||3||Forest traversed by Mario and Co. in Chapter 3 of Paper Mario (_______ Forest)|
|10||Scientist who helps Luigi throughout the Luigi's Mansion series (Professor __________)||4||Main antagonist of Luigi's Mansion and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon|
|12||Boo sub-species encountered in New Super Mario Bros. (_______ Boo)||7||Area Three boss in Luigi's Mansion|
|9||One of Mario's partners in Paper Mario|
|11||Duplighost from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door that lives in Twilight Town's Creepy Steeple|
Since there have not been any recent game releases (at least Mario-wise, otherwise I totally would have done a Pokemon X and Y word search…), this theme has been come up from looking at previous Mario games released in the U.S. in the month of October. So what do you know: one of the first mainstream Mario games, Super Mario Bros. 2, was released in the month of October! So here’s a word search celebrating the wonderful bosses and enemies the game gave us! Happy October, everybody!
|Previous Section Next Section|