The 'Shroom:Issue LXVI/Awards Director Election
Awards Committee Director Election
The Awards Committee Director was a position formerly aqcuired by appointment or succession and with no term limits whatsoever. It has been decided that the Awards Committee will hold annual elections to allow for the community to decide who should run the Awards Show and schedule Anniversary-related events. Every year from this point on, an election for this position will start upon the release of the September issue and will end upon the release of the October issue.
What does the Director do?
The Director of the Awards Committee...
- ...Shall determine the method by which individuals are to be able to join the Committee.
- ...Shall be the official Host of the Mario Awards Ceremony.
- ...Chooses one individual in the community to be the Sub-director (and can either invite this individual to be their runningmate in this campaign or can appoint this individual at the beginning of their term); also appoints the Hosts of each other Ceremony. The Director can then delegate various tasks to these individuals as seen fit.
- ...Directs the Anniversary Planning Meetings that are held during the year and determines the schedule for said meetings.
- ...Decides the date of the Awards and maintains a schedule of events for the celebration.
- ...Maintains a sign-up list for presenters and enforces the rules that are established for presentations.
- ...Creates the polls for the Awards via the PollDaddy software and tallies the results of each poll after one month has passed since the voting period has begun.
- ...Sends the presenters the results for their Award.
- ...Receives presentations from those who have agreed to do one.
- ...Makes the topics for each Ceremony on Awards Day.
- ...Closes the Ceremonies upon the completition of the celebration.
- ...Along with the Awards Committee, considers and permits Special Events held in conjunction with the Anniversary and collaborates with other Super Mario Wiki Community projects.
If you think you might be a suitable candidate for this position, you can enter this election as a candidate.
How do I become the Director?
In order to become the Director of the Awards Committee, you need to be elected by a plurality of voting members of the community. You may become a candidate at any time during this election, except during a potential runoff voting period (which occurs when there are ties).
===Your Name / Potential Runningmate=== Your reasons why you should become the Director. ====Votes====
- You can enter your campaign into the election by filling out this form and posting it below. New campaigns must be listed at the bottom of the page.
- Should you become a candidate, you may opt to have a runningmate (who, should you be elected, will become your Sub-director). However, this is not requisite for a campaign. Should you enlist a runningmate, they must specifically agree to be your runningmate. You may not list somebody without obtaining their permission to do so.
- You can only nominate yourself and a runningmate. Entering another candidate into the election is not permitted, nor is listing a runningmate that has not given consent to such.
- It is suggested that campaigns are designed neatly and with proper grammar, spelling, and coding.
- After your campaign is set, people might add their votes to the Vote section of your campaign. As a user of the Mario Wiki, you have a vote as well, and you are allowed to vote for any candidate (including yourself).
- If you have the plurality of votes at the end of the election period, you will become the new Awards Committee Director. If there are two or more people that tie for having the highest amount of votes, then a runoff election between said candidates will occur. This procedure is called Overtime. If there is still a tie by the end of the new deadline, the election will once again be extended by one week. Overtime continues until one candidate has the highest amount of votes.
- Please take this matter seriously! Joke campaigns and profanity will be removed without warning. Additional steps might be taken against violators of this rule.
How do I vote here?
You can vote by going to the Vote section of a campaign and add this form to it. Remember to replace “Name” with your actual user name.
Alternatively, a user may cast an anonymous vote by using the form below. Note that people may see who voted anonymously when viewing the page history.
You can only vote for one person at a time. If the election reaches Overtime and your candidate gets eliminated, you can cast another vote for any of the remaining candidates if you like.
A question and answer session will take place in #mwikiawards (which can be accessed either from the applet or through Mibbit) on Saturday, September 29th, 2012 at 7:00 PM EST (11:00 PM UTC).
- Question & Answer over: Logs
If there are still questions left, feel free to ask one of Mario Wiki's admins.
Hey everybody! This is Turboo, and I have decided to run for the position of Awards Committee Director again since I feel that this past year went well overall. I feel that I am qualified to lead the Committee for a second year and to implement some necessary improvements that will make 2013 even better than this year's ceremony!
As an example, here are some well-received changes that were implemented this past year:
- Changing the distribution of awards from 30 Mario/15 Fail/5 Userpedia/10 'Shroom to 25 Mario/15 Fail/10 Userpedia/10 'Shroom
- Partially outsourcing the Userpedia and 'Shroom polls, allowing for more informed choices
- Quality control on major awards such as the openers, closers, and A9
- #mwchat Operator
- Director of Mario Awards VI
- Awards Committee member during Mario Awards V
- Major contributor to Mario Awards III
For my sub-director, I have chosen Superchao. His voluntary assumption of various management tasks makes him a good choice for the document manager role I intend to assign to the sub-director.
- Global Moderator on the Super Mario Boards
- Official Organizer for Mario Awards VI
- Stricter regulation of the tokens; the TF2 tournament gave out too many, and we would like to prevent such a mishap during next year's ceremony.
- Opening a public suggestion box; with this, people outside of the Awards Committee can suggest potential awards which the committee will then review.
- We will be keeping the awards at a minimum of 60. Whether or not we expand will ultimately be decided by the committee later in the year.
- Due to complaints from several users about inconvenient ceremony timing, we would like to be open to timeslot suggestions this year. Again, whether or not the timeslot is actually changed depends on the committee's consensus.
- As with last year, we do not plan to limit committee sign-ups to a fixed number.
- Meetings will also alternate between Fridays and Saturdays again so they do not clash with the 'Shroom's release schedule.
- All in all, Mario Awards VI went very well and I was proud to be able to direct the Committee that oversaw the ceremonies. I would like to be entrusted with this position once more by the community in order to implement these plans that will make Mario Awards VII even better than the previous one. Thank you all!
- Raven Effect (talk)
- Super Mario Bros. (talk)
- Freakworld (talk)
- MySweetLord (talk)
- Smasher (talk)
- Lakituthequick (talk)
- Mario4Ever (talk)
- Pyro (talk)
- Bop1996 (talk)
- New Super Yoshi (talk)
- Tucayo (talk)
- Stooben Rooben (talk)
- Gamefreak75 (talk)
|Front Page About Archives Comments Subscribe Spotlight Contact us Manual of Style Sign up |