Talk:World 2 (New Super Mario Bros. Wii)
Make a separate article for each level in this world
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
DON'T SPLIT 3-14
A large part of the reason the reason that the New Super Mario Bros. Wii world pages need so much work is that all of the levels are listed on one page. This discourages writers from using templates, which could be very useful for displaying information, such as Star Coin location, because it messes with the format of the page. Each of the levels is very different and deserves a separate article, such as with Super Mario World. I propose that we create a separate page for each New Super Mario Bros. Wii level.
- Bwf8398 (talk) Per my proposal.
- Big Koopa (talk) It would be better with seperate pages for all levels, not just world 2 levels, but all the NSMBW levels (or at least Bowser's Castle). Either all levels, or no levels.
- Arceus79 (talk) I think that large level pages are better than one really large world page. Keep some info on the page, and link to the levels from the world.
- Raven Effect (talk) Sorry this proposal would make things inconsistint since all the other worlds would have there levels merged
- YoshiGo99 (talk) Per Raven Effect. Besides it would take so much time and it is fine otherwise we would have many stub articles that is if we don't work on the pages for the levels.
- Walkazo (talk) - Per Raven Effect. Either all the levels get articles, or none of them do - splitting one world would be inconsistent, and therefore, this TPP can't be allowed to pass. If you want to split any levels, you'll have to make a normal proposal for the entire game.
- Tails777 (talk) Per all. If we did this for the NSMBW worlds, we'd have to do them for each 2D Mario sidescrolling game with worlds in them.
- Commander Code-8 (talk) Firstly, this should be on the proposals page anyway because it would be a huge operation if it passed. Secondly, we'd end up with a lot of stubs because we can't do that much information on these levels.
- Mario4Ever (talk) Per all.
- RandomYoshi (talk) — Inconsistency is always a bad thing, and we really don't need articles pertaining to small issues like individual levels. Also, like Walkazo said: If this idea were to be implemented, then you'd have to create a proposal pertaining to all of New Super Mario Bros. Wii's worlds. So, in short — per Raven Effect and Walkazo.
- Lakituthequick (talk) Per Raven Effect and Walkazo.
- Super Famicom 64 (talk) We'll end up in a load of new stubs.
- M&SG (talk) - Per all the other opposers.
- New Super Yoshi (talk) - I would really like the SMW levels merged. actually.
- Lindsay151 (talk) - Per all.
- Ratfink43 (talk) I made a proposal like this once. I was told we can not have articles for levels unless they are named more specifically than just their World number and level number. This is why Super Mario World levels and Donkey Kong Country/2/3/Returns levels have their own articles, they have names (Such as Prehistoric Path or Chocolate Island 2)
- Bowser's luma (talk) Per Raven Effect
@YoshiGo99 the articles wouldn't be stubs if they had all the right information Raven Effect (talk)
Perhaps I should clarify myself. I'm not talking about just one world being split, I'm talking about all worlds. I'm sorry for any confusion- in retrospect, the title is poor, and I should have put this on the main game's talk page. Again, I apologize. Bwf8398 (talk)
An example on my userpage. We could keep short 2-sentence summaries, and use [Main|Text Here] to link to it. Bwf8398 17:32, 14 March 2012 (EDT)
- @Bwf8398 I think that is a very good idea, and the layout would work really well. I definitely agree with you here. Arceus79 19:13, 24 March 2012 (EDT)