Is there any offical artwork we could put instead of the scuttle bug's stand? Just asking. We could make the article look better if there was offical artwork. If you find any offical artwork, post it here and I'll put it onto the article. Superfiremario
The Gold Scuttle Bug
Should we make a page for the Golden Scuttle Bug, which appear in a minigame in Mario Party DS ? It can seems stupid but, look: almost all the golden version of normal enemies have a page: http://www.mariowiki.com/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=gold&go=Go Fire-Luigi 06:20, 18 April 2012 (EDT)
Spoing and Sprangler
Who decided they were Scuttle Bugs? Not only are they not named "Scuttle Bug" in the only existing English guide, their names in Japan are バネグモ (Banegumo) and ツリグモ (Tsurigumo). Vent (talk) 15:30, 10 August 2012 (EDT)
This article is a mess.
Cmon guys, just because they are all spiders doesn't mean they are the same thing. That is like shoving goombas, toads, and super mushrooms into one article e_e
Split Spoing, Sprangler and Klamber from Scuttle Bug
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
split into separate articles 5-0-0-0
I was looking around the wiki when I noticed Vent's comment above: Spoings and Spranglers are not named Scuttle Bug in either the English or Japanese guide versions, which indicates that they are both separate enemies, regardless of appearances. The other comment he made was that Scuttle Bug/Klamber(currently Scuttle Bug due to naming priority policies) was named differently in Japan. Even though I believe that the English name takes priority over the Japanese name, I figured: "Why not just kill two birds with one stone?" I'm suggesting 4 courses of action here: 1.Split Both(Spoing/Sprangler into one article, Klamber into another) 2.Split Spoing and Sprangler Only 3.Split Kalmber Only 4.Do Not Split
- Glowsquid (talk) - see comment below.
- Marshal Dan Troop (talk) Per Glowsquid.
- Vommack (talk) Per Glowsquid.
- MarioManiac164 (talk) Per all.
- Yoshi K (talk) This article and this article are split, why not these?
Split Spoing and Sprangler Only
Split Klamber Only
Do Not Split
"in the case of Klamber, the NA Nintendo Power guide takes priority over the Japanese guide(I believe-if I'm mistaken, please correct me.) "
If a creature has a different name in the Jp script and looks/act reasonably different, they get a separate page even if the English name is the same (ex: Goomba (Super Mario World)). I feel the SMS "scuttle bug" looks and acts differently enough to be one of those cases. --Glowsquid (talk) 23:16, 20 October 2012 (EDT)
- Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I'll change my vote.--Vommack (talk) 12:39, 21 October 2012 (EDT)
The only thing that I'm wondering about is the name of the page for the Klmaber/SMS Scuttle Bug. My guess is that it's name would be Scuttle Bug(SMS), based off its official NA name.--Vommack (talk) 16:17, 23 October 2012 (EDT)
I'm withdrawing my vote for the time being, as I want to clear up some concerns first.
- Why are you splitting Sproing and Sprangler into a combined article? If they're both officially named, don't they both deserve an article?
- As pointed out by Vommack above, the article concerning the Klamber will be named Scuttle Bug (Super Mario Sunshine), not Klamber, correct? That would be right by the Naming Policy. -- 1337star (Mailbox SP) 16:58, 23 October 2012 (EDT)
- The SMS Scuttle Bug(That's it, that's what I'm calling it from here on out, whether you like it or not) should be called that, yes, and if that's what it takes, I think we can get Sproing and Sprangler separate articles.--Vommack (talk) 17:03, 23 October 2012 (EDT)
If any official name's different in any language, that gives us grounds to split something based on appearance, behaviour and/or ability differences between it and whatever subject it's currently grouped with. In this case, all three species have different names in both English and Japanese, and they all look different, so they should all get separate pages. Klamber's a teeny bit complicated because different guides say different things, but like translation conflicts, we should go with the guide that makes more sense, and that's Prima, although the naming policy states that Nintendo Power gets priority for the title, making the new page "Scuttle Bug (Super Mario Sunshine)" (as others suggested already). Spoing and Sprangler are more straightforward: just move the info to the existing redirects; they should not be given one page to share because they're just as different from each other as from regular Scuttle Bugs, which is why I'm just commenting here, not supporting the faulty "Split Both" option. - Walkazo 18:26, 28 October 2012 (EDT)
- Scuttle Bug (Super Mario Sushine) is a definite, and since wiki policy requires it, I/we/whoever-it-comes-down-to will put the Spoing and Sprangler info on the redirects(addressed above, albeit briefly). --Vommack (talk) 21:18, 28 October 2012 (EDT)