From the Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopedia
For future reference, the Prima eGuide for LMDM has a couple different names for the plants:
- "You’ll find twisting vines blocking your path, carnivorous plants snapping at your heels, and some surprisingly aggressive critters striking when you least expect it."
- "If a flytrap gets ahold of you, repeatedly tap the buttons on the Nintendo 3DS system to free yourself. "
- "When you enter the Plant Nursery, two flytraps are snapping at anything that moves."
- "As you cross the room, move along the room’s south edge to stay clear of the carnivorous plants."
- "Aim the Poltergust at the nearest flytrap; when the reticle appears, hold to shoot the seed at your target. "
- "The flytrap swallows the seed pod, chokes, and shrivels away. Repeat the process with the remaining flytrap."
- "Fire a seed pod at each of the flytraps guarding the area, then open the chest to collect the Key. "
- "As you move through the area, make sure you stay clear of the snapping plant."
- Flytrap is a far more descriptive name than simply "carnivourous plant" (I think it refers to them as the carnivorous plants because..like referring to Mario as a pesky plumber or something) as the term "carnivorous plant" encompasses a lot of plants of this nature not just venus fly traps, as the plant is clearly based off of, so I'm in support of moving this page to Flytrap. Ray Trace(T|C) 00:41, 8 January 2016 (EST)