In the FDS version of Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, when Mario beats Bowser in W8-4, he finds a door and goes inside to find Princess Peach. Can this be counted as a door that should be mentioned in this article? Akfamilyhome! 05:07, 1 March 2012 (EST)
Slam the door on this article
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
Check this proposal out.
"MarioWiki is also not a dictionary. We don't need articles on real world objects. I believe we should set a restriction for which of these generic articles can and can't be created. We should only allow articles on generic subjects that have a function which is different from the real world counterpart."
From what I can discern from this article, here's what a door does:
- Allows passage.
- Locked doors require a key.
Thank goodness for MarioWiki. Otherwise, I would've never figured out how to leave my room. D:
Special doors, like Trapdoor, Dorguy, Thousand-Year Door, Secret Door, and even the door from Mario vs. Donkey Kong have their own page already. Also, any special qualities a door might have, such as being a portal for Subspace, doesn't pertain to the door itself. The doors still act like... you guessed it... a door.
- Mario (talk) This article is messy, dumb, and everything. Besides, it's incomplete. Where are those poor, marginalized car doors? And Bridge is filing a complaint letter responding to this blatant discrimination.
- Time Turner (talk) Though I think the article has partial merit from a certain standpoint (how many doors do you know that are created via magic potions?), the article as it stands now is really useless, and any information that could potentially be useful can be found in a more informative manner on another article (such as Magic Potion).
- Tails777 (talk) We'll close this door article like the door in that major league locker room in TTYD; it'll never open again.
- Yoshi876 (talk) As said in the proposal, there is nothing useful on this page.
- World10 (talk) Let's lock it, per all.
- Dashbot (talk) The real world thing are pretty bad. This is the worst.
- Yoshidude99 (talk) Pointless article.
- Bluetoad63 (talk) Lock and shut the door, and throw away the key.
- Baby Luigi (talk) Per all
- Shiny Aggron (talk) Per all.
Leave it open
- Epic Rosalina (talk) I think it actually has potentially useful information.
- SuperYoshiBros (talk) Doors are very prominent in the Mario series by now, just look at the gallery and see how many games use doors. If this was a very minor subject I'd say yeah, delete it, but this is pretty important.
- Randombob-omb4761 (talk) Per all.
I've always been fascinated by the doors in the game, and I never even knew this amazing page existed! It has pictures of all the doors in the game, which I find really cool, but the only way I'd be okay with this is by putting all the pictures and some information on another page. Epic Rosalina (talk)
- So... you like this article because of the images? Hello, I'm Time Turner.
- I think all those pictures of those doors... they feel just pointless. Also, this article is missing doors from nearly every other Mario game and media, like Mario Party; what makes these doors more worthy to have their own pictures? KaBoom! 19:42, 11 March 2014 (EDT)
This article is mostly these lines below.
- "A door makes a small appearance in Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels. After Mario beats Bowser in World 8-4, he walks into a door, where he finds Princess Peach and saves her."
- "In Super Mario 64 and its remake, Mario uses doors to explore and visit different areas of Princess Peach's Castle and different levels."
- "Many doors appear in Luigi's Mansion and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon."
- "Doors also appeared in other series of games, such as the Donkey Kong series, Wario series, Paper Mario series and Mario Party series. Doors appeared in Mario cartoons, movies and comics as well."
The doors about "Subcon" are deviants, created by Magic Potions, but the doors still act like regular doors. I don't expect people to be confused once they see a door pop out, so they research this wiki to find out its purpose. Plus, these doors are linked to Magic Potions, and as I said before, special doors already get their own page, making this article more pointless.
So if this passes, shouldn't Door (Mario vs. Donkey Kong) be moved here?--
15:00, 12 March 2014 (EDT)
- I guess so... but... I guess so. If THAT article is significant enough. KaBoom! 22:42, 13 March 2014 (EDT)