- Shall I include the title of the series in the title? -
Gabumon(talk) 22:45, 29 September 2009 (EDT)
- At least we should use the singular form, "Special Attack". There's already one such article, though: Special Attack. I propose to rename the articles "Special Attack (Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games)" and "Special Attack (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story)", respectively, and to turn Special Attack into a disambiguation page. Time Questions 04:47, 30 September 2009 (EDT)
- I will do as you two said. - Gabumon(talk) 11:52, 30 September 2009 (EDT)
Is it possible for the Fire Flower to burn the enemy? it says "Secondary Effect: Burn", but I think that might only apply to certain enemies. Is that true? no matter how many times I try, I cannot get it to work.
Special Attack vs. Bros. Attack
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
Merge Mario & Luigi's section with Bros. Attack and split Bowser's attacks 1-3-0
Something needs to be done about Special Attacks' relation with Bros. Attacks. Mario and Luigi's Special Attacks are just Bros. Attacks under a different name and it's silly to pretend that isn't true. The way I see it, there are three things that could be done about this.
2. Merge Mario & Luigi's section with Bros. Attack and split Bowser's attacks into its own page. We would mention on Bros. Attack that they are called Special Attacks in BiS. That part's easy. However, I'm not certain there is an official name for Bowser's attacks. I've heard them called Enemy Attacks, but I'm not sure that's official. Still, it seems like this page only exists because M&L and Bowser's attacks go under the same name, even though they are totally different. (M&L's are executed with buttons, while Bowser's are executed with the stylus).
3. Do nothing.
- Ultimate Mr. L (talk) While I prefer Option 1, I feel that this is the next-best choice.
- Yoshi the SSM (talk) I think they would be better merged with Bowser's as separate. They basically the same thing. I mean, if Dream Team and Paper Jam are on Bros. Attack, so should this, as this is basically the same. Besides, of course, the Bowser Special Attacks. Bros. Item could also be there too, but the major difference (amount in storage as opposed to costing something) will keep them separate. As for the first option, it is kind of mentioned, but not as what this is proposing. I don't think option 1 is needed, but I could be wrong.
- Skuchi037 (talk) It is just wrong to say that Special Attacks aren't Bros Attacks under a different name. Everything points to the two being the same thing.
I was about to move this to Bowser's Attacks and finally get this done when I realized I don't know what to call the page. Should I just leave the title as is or move it to something like Enemy Attack. I'm not sure that name is official, so what should I do?
(--) 12:14, 28 August 2017 (EDT)
- Maybe "Special Attack (Bowser)"? idk. 12:36, 28 August 2017 (EDT)
- As per MarioWiki:Naming, If a subject's name has changed over time, the more commonly used modern name should be used as the title, rather than the historic name. For example, Princess Peach's original English name was "Princess Toadstool", however, she is usually called "Princess Peach" in recent games, so the article's title is "Princess Peach"., so in this case this article should be renamed to Brawl Attack, if there is no objections. Doomhiker (talk) 15:56, 7 January 2019 (EST)