MarioWiki:Featured articles/Unfeature/N1/Mario vs. Donkey Kong
From the Super Mario Wiki
Remove featured article status
- Super Radio (talk) Although a well-documented article at surface, the glaring issue of this page is the Worlds section. It just lacks subtance, it fails to complete the mission of thoroughly informing the user about that aspect of the game. Red links are everywhere in there, with no place nor order, but that's not it: the lack of information extends over to even the existent articles. Have a look-see at how inconsistent some world pages are one from another, how some have a ton more information than other. To be fair, the latter don't even count as informative ("This article is under construction"..."The high score of this level is [period]" etc., know what I mean? That kind of frustrating stubby content that you find on Wikia) Also, what do the Expert Levels mean? How does one unlock/play them? What happens when we finish them? There's just a screenshot of their select screen plastered over nothing. Though I understand this might have been an addition long after the article got nominated, much like the "more media" template. At least the e-Reader section looks pretty explanatory. There's not much else wrong with this article, but levels are surely a big part of the game that has been neglected in here. Beyond all this, I imagine the reception section should contain a table with the critics' verdits and ratings.
I believe pages should not be nominated for their facade alone, but for related content too, that which should exist to inform the reader further about the game because that information couldn't be included in the main article. Mario vs. Donkey Kong, the article, doesn't excel at that.
- Toadette the Achiever (talk) Per Super Radio. That's not to mention that for the "Expert Levels" section, all it shows is an image of the world icon!
- TheFlameChomp (talk) Per all.
- LuigiMaster123 (talk) Per Super Radio.
- Owencrazyboy9 (talk) I also agree. Time to start the final countdown; for nomination deadline, y'know? Per all.
- Baby Luigi (talk) The copious amount of red links, which had been there since this article was featured, had always bothered me quite a bit. Although I do disagree with the notion that sister articles have an influence over the state of the article, but there's a lot of other problems mentioned by Super Radio that shouldn't be in a featured article.
- Yoshi the SSM (talk) Compared to other featured articles, this doesn't look that great as the others. Also, even though these don't contribute to the article, the levels of the game (save for Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Plus) don't exist. Not even the worlds (for many) don't have the info (some worlds don't even exist), so that means starting basically from scratch. If this is a feature article, though, these need to be created (they should no matter what, but especially if it is featured), as they will have info that can't be provided on the page. Even then, me (I say this due to me having the game) doing it in the time of this in the amount of time of even 3 months is too much to ask.
- Alex95 (talk) - Per all. And I just put a Construction template on it, so
- YoshiFlutterJump (talk) Per all.