MarioWiki:Featured articles/N1/Hotel Mario
- TasteTheFiresOfHelp (talk) The Hotel Mario article has actually a lot of positive traits that in my opinion make it worth featuring. The plot section has five detailed paragraphs with high quality images where you can really see the pixels and images in the background, especially considering how much the game is mocked for its visuals and cutscenes. There are no red links, in particular it is impressive that every single level of every hotel has a blue link. The enemies and item sprites all have good quality with a good description. The reception area shows well with three paragraphs the reception of the game right when it came out as well as over the years. There are a lot of good small details the article has of the game like it’s startup screens. For a game that is often mocked for its quality the article itself here is actually of good quality.
- The Mansion (talk) I have looked over the article, and it does look very good. I appreciate the amount of effort you put into the sections I requested. I no longer have any objections.
- Archivist Toadette (talk) Good work. Seems like all objections have been resolved.
- RHG1951 (talk) It doesn't seem like anything of importance is missing in the article.
- Keyblade Master (talk) Article does look good enough now.
- Ray Trace (talk) Supporting now, all my issues have been fixed.
#The Mansion (talk) Pass. The main characters section could use some expansion, and the bosses section is under construction. However, I must admit that other sections, such as the enemies, items, hotels, and plot, are looking very well. I may reconsider this if the previous sections I alluded to are spruced up.
#Keyblade Master (talk) If the bosses section doesn't get completed in time, then this will definitely not qualify to be a featured article.
Removal of opposes
When nominating titles to be featured, please learn to format the page properly.
Several minor issues I have include linking headers (such as the hotel header when they should be removed) and some writing can be improved (like for enemy sections, "easily defeated" is a common phrase which I think needs a tweak). The article could also use a forms section depicting Mario's Super and Fire forms, as well as a section for the Koopaling's appearances since they're boss fights worth mentioning. And the staff section could be rewritten to be prose than merely a list of staff members. Ray Trace(T|C) 16:17, March 5, 2021 (EST)
- The "Main characters" section also needs some beefing up, no? So far it's almost no different from the gallery at the bottom of the article. -- KOOPA CON CARNE 16:20, March 5, 2021 (EST)
Not sure if this really matters for determining featured articles, but the page is a common target for counter-productive anonymous edits (such as with the gay Luigi" thing) to the point it has been protected twice already because of it. Keyblade Master 16:24, March 5, 2021 (EST)
- How often a page gets vandalized has no bearing on its merits as an article. If anon edits target it, undo revisions and protect the page. Ray Trace(T|C) 16:25, March 5, 2021 (EST)
These are still good points, it would be interesting if the article was open at least to users not anonymous, just not anonymous users as for example I could help fix the "easily defeated" enemy parts. However I still can understand why the page is protected as much as it is considering all the YouTube Poop memes it has. TasteTheFiresOfHelp (talk), 18:02, March 5, 2021 (EST)
- If you become autoconfirmed, then you're free to edit the page. The requirements to be autoconfirmed stop most drive-by vandals on their tracks anyway. Also, you're not allowed to edit other user's comments, so the word "gay" from Keyblade Master stays. By the way, if you want an easy to way to sign, just sign using ~~~~. Ray Trace(T|C) 17:26, March 5, 2021 (EST)
I actually didn’t try to take out gay, it’s a problem my computer has with censoring too much when I edit including “gay” which I didn’t realize so I’ll use my iPad from now on. -TasteTheFiresOfHelp, 18:27 EST March 5, 2021
- Is there any way you can stop your device from doing that? Keyblade Master 20:01, March 23, 2021 (EDT)
Mario, Luigi, Peach (Toadstool) and Bowser all each have descriptions now in the Main Characters section, so it is clearly more descriptive. However, I’m not sure if the Koopalings count as main characters considering they each only have very few cutscenes considering they only are in one Koopa Hotel. TasteTheFiresOfHelp (talk), 10:24 EST March 23, 2021
- I still think the staff section should be rewritten in prose instead of a list. Ray Trace(T|C) 16:53, March 23, 2021 (EDT)
- What is the difference between prose form and list form? I will modify the credits to make it prose but I’ve looked it up and I can’t tell the difference. TasteTheFiresOfHelp (talk)
I think the special dates should be pinpointed better, rather than given vague approximations. For example, there's a month and a half gap between the supposed dates of the birthday. Scrooge200 (talk) 16:56, March 23, 2021 (EDT)
It’s been 3:00 pm at March 30 and the article has gone a week without an oppose vote since the first five support votes were cast. So Hotel Mario is now a featured article! TasteTheFiresOfHelp (talk), 15:11 EST