Category talk:Characters Named for their Species
Delete this category
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
Is there a really a point for having this category? I mean, look at the other subcategories for Characters: there are categories for species, jobs, game appearances, personal statuses (I have no idea how to classify "Children" or "Married" otherwise), organizations, etc. However, this category doesn't exactly fit into any of those sections, does it? It just seems like some sort of trivia point, something for someone to look at and say, "Huh, that's neat," but is that really necessary? Besides, it should go without saying that Lakitu (Mario Kart 7) gets his name from his species. We're just stating the obvious by having a category for this.
- Time Turner (talk) Per proposal.
- Baby Luigi (talk) Hey, let's create a category on some of the most trivial things in existence....hmm, let's name a category for characters that have a name based on Italian origins!
- Icemario11 (talk) Per proposal.
- Marshal Dan Troop (talk) Per Proposal.
- Iggy Koopa Jr (talk) Must we have this?
- YoshiKong (talk) Per Shoey.
- Yoshi876 (talk) Per proposal.
- Gonzales Kart Inc. (talk) Half of the pages in the category have parentheses somewhere, and it's kinda meaningless.
- SuperYoshiBros (talk) Why in the world does this even exist? O_o
- World10 (talk) Wow, this category doesn't make any sense... per all.
- Walkazo (talk) - Per all.
@Baby Luigi: I'm not sure if using sarcasm would be a valid vote... Also Iggy Koopa Jr., you need to provide a reason which accompanies your vote.
- if you haven't seen the sarcasm from a mile away then I don't know what to say: my stance is pretty clear and my vote does explain why I want to delete it. (T|C) 02:38, 7 October 2013 (EDT)
- It seems a bit iffy to me, but whatevs.