Category talk:Boo Buddies
Why is this a thing?
Many Boos appear in groups. It's been long established they hold strength in numbers. By the definition the category's provided, it would naturally include Big Boos, the original Stretches, and Boo Stacks. Note that the first of these was outright distinguished from Boo Buddies initially. Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 01:37, 1 August 2017 (CT)
Delete this category
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
There's literally no reason for this to exist. It's just a pointless category based on a one-off term from Super Mario World, and the description isn't even accurate (see Doc von Schmeltwick's comment above).
In other words, it basically just amounts to, which is... unnecessary.
- Niiue (talk) Per proposal.
- Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) Woulda proposed it myself, but I was busy and forgot about it. Per my statement above and the proposal.
- Chester Alan Arthur (talk) I didn't even know this was a thing per proposal.
- TheFlameChomp (talk) Per all.
- Yoshi the SSM (talk) Per all.
- Baby Luigi (talk) This is a pointless category that simply makes an arbitrary distinction.
- Ultimate Mr. L (talk) This category doesn't even make any sense! Per all.
- Alex95 (talk) - Per all
I'd like to point out that Big and Little Boo was on here before I removed it for being speculative, ie using a made-up definition to classify. And it obviously doesn't work for Boo Buddy Blocks, which are single enemies, albeit ones that are sometimes found close to each other. Yeah, this has to go. Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 00:55, 22 August 2017 (CT)
- Digging into the history of this and the various Boo Buddy redirects shows that many arbitrary distinctions like this were made about "Boo Buddies" back in the early days. This category's existence just seems to be a relic of that. The "Boo Buddy" article was actually initially about the Big and Little Boo, while the various enemies from Super Mario World were categorized under "Boo Buddy (SMW)", where Disappearing Boo Buddies was treated as the name for Boo Buddy Swarm, while eventually the "Boo Buddy" article came to be about the actual Boo Buddy Swarm. Which explains a bit, except this category wasn't around until long after the Big and Little Boo was corrected. Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 10:00, 22 August 2017 (CT)