From the Super Mario Wiki
Snufits, also known as Sniffits, are floating, Boo-like enemies similar that are described as cousins of the Snifits. They first appear in Hazy Maze Cave, specifically in the Metal Cavern, during the events of Super Mario 64 and Super Mario 64 DS. When Mario comes to close to one, it will shoot a burst of small balls out of its mouth like a Snifit, although this action is preceded by the Snufit briefly swelling up like a balloon before firing in the original Super Mario 64. Snufits can be defeated by jumping on them. In their original appearance, Snufits had white masks like Shy Guys, while in the Super Mario 64 DS remake, their design was more faithful to the black-masked Snifits, save for the lack of legs and ability to float, which is the same in both versions of the game.
In Mario Party 2 on the Space Land board, the members of the Snifit Patrol bear resemblance to Snufits; however, their lower bodies are obscured by their vehicles, so it is ambiguous as to which species they actually belong to.
Names in other languages
|The same as Snifit's Japanese name.
- ^ Super Mario 64 Player's Guide, page 13.
- ^ Prima Nintendo DS Pocket Guide, page 269.
- ^ Snufits in Super Mario 64. YouTube. Retrieved March 29, 2015.
- ^ Snufits in Super Mario 64 DS. YouTube. Retrieved March 29, 2015.
- ^ Scan of 「スーパーマリオ64完全クリアガイド」 (Super Mario 64 Kanzen Clear Guide)