The 'Shroom:Issue 171/Poll Chairperson Election
This is the rules page for the election; campaigns and voting take place on this article's discussion page.
On Sunday, 23 May 2010, a proposal concerning several changes in our current Main Page was accepted by the community and passed. This proposal can be viewed here.
One point this proposal addressed was the creation of a Poll Committee, a selected group of users to create and select polls to feature on the Main Page. The members of this committee are meant to be selected by a person in charge of the committee, the Poll Committee Chairperson, who shall be elected by the community. The twelth annual Poll Committee Chairperson Election is taking place here.
- This election starts on Saturday, June 19th, 2021 and ends on Saturday, July 17th, 2021 at 00:01 GMT.
- Any registered, autoconfirmed Super Mario Wiki user with a Super Mario Boards account may choose to nominate themselves for election on this article's discussion page (linked to in the introduction). The nomination period ends on Saturday, July 10th, 2021 at 00:01 GMT.
- A candidate may choose another member to be their running mate; this individual will become the Vice-Chairperson should the ticket win. The running mate must meet the same qualification listed in Rule two.
- All candidates must specify what their plans are for the following year.
- No candidate may employ blatantly unethical campaign methods (such as bribing voters, outright copying another member's campaign, etc.).
- Candidates may hold discussions and debates in the election forum topic and in IRC or Discord.
- Any registered, autoconfirmed Super Mario Wiki user may cast a vote for one candidate on this article's discussion page (linked to in the introduction) starting on Saturday, June 26th, 2021 at 00:01 GMT.
- Voters may change their vote at any time during the course of the election.
- In the case of a tie, a runoff election will be held for another week between the tying candidates. Ties beyond that will be handled if they come up by a process decided by the Poll Committee.
The following is an example of how a campaign should be formatted:
Sample Candidate 1
This is where the candidate will introduce themselves, state their purpose and motivation for running, and what their qualifications are; if the candidate has a running mate, they also provide an introduction for that person and explain why they are fit for being Vice-Chairperson.
Then the campaign's goals will be listed here:
- This is the first goal.
- This is the second goal.
- ...And so on.
This is where other members of the wiki place their votes, like this:
Responsibilities of the Chairperson
The Poll Committee Chairperson...
- ...selects at least five additional users who will, together with the Chairperson and Vice-Chairperson, form the Poll Committee. These members must meet the same qualifications listed in Election Rule two, save for the need to be autoconfirmed.
- ...manages the internal processes of the Poll Committee in an exclusive sub-forum on the Super Mario Boards. All polls nominated should be appropriate and not be detrimental to the Super Mario Wiki's reputation.
- ...holds the right to suggest the dismissal of a certain committee member if said member does not uphold their responsibilities properly, after giving due consideration to the situation and giving the committee member reasonable chances to improve their behavior.
- ...will keep their position for one year, provided that nothing out of the ordinary happens. After that period, a new Chairperson will be elected. The old Chairperson holds the right to attend this election as a candidate once again and thus has the chance to be elected for another year. Should the Chairperson resign before their term ends, the Vice-Chairperson shall take his place for the remainder of the term.
Responsibilities of the Poll Committee
The Poll Committee Chairperson will lead the Poll Committee in...
- ...creating polls for the main page.
- ...archiving past polls.
- ...writing Poll Committee Discussion for The 'Shroom.
- ...assisting the Awards Committee by allowing them to run awards polls on the main page
- ...creating, in conjunction with the Wiki's staff, the April Fool's poll.
- ...writing Awards Analysis to analyze the results of the awards ceremonies.
- ...carrying out additional objectives which the Poll Committee Chairperson may set during their term.
There are other various tasks that the Chairperson must assume, but these are the most basic duties. If you think you are capable of leading the Poll Committee for a one year term, post your campaign on this article's discussion page. Good luck to all!
|The 'Shroom: Issue 171|
|Staff sections||Staff Notes • The 'Shroom Spotlight • 'Shroomfest • Poll Chairperson Election|
|Features||Fake News • Fun Stuff • Palette Swap • Pipe Plaza • Critic Corner • Strategy Wing|
|Specials||Community Awards Dossier • Community Gallery • Music on a Staff • Ultimate Location Battle|