The 'Shroom:Issue 167/Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury Photo Contest
Greetings, 'Shroom readers! You might remember me from my time as the News Flush writer; if not, hi, I'm me! I'm here to announce the 'Shroom's third photo contest!
Okay technically its the fourth one but we don't talk about last year.
You might remember the Super Mario Odyssey and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate photo contests I've hosted here before. This contest is mostly the same as those, except the game we'll be focusing on is none other than Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury! Just like the last contests, this is simply a friendly competition where you can show off your fancy action shots and such from the game. The guidelines for this contest are mostly the same as before, but I'll reiterate for everyone's convenience.
- There will be three categories for photos submitted; Action, Beauty, and Creative.
- The Action category is to show Mario and his friends with style; enemy encounters, risky jumps, flashy moves, boss fights, you name it! Anything that shows the more adventurous, risky, and explorative side of the games go here.
- The Beauty category is for those lovely details, flora and fauna, and landscapes all throughout the games, along with any cute photo shoots of your favorite characters. Post your wholesome content here!
- The Creative category is for silly, unexpected, and/or terrifying photos, memes, and anything that doesn't really fit the above two categories. Post your weird and unexplainable pictures here!
- Photos can be from either Super Mario 3D World or Bowser's Fury. You can focus on one mode or the other, or mix the two modes for your submissions!
- Photos must be taken in-game using the game's Snapshot Mode. You may use any filter you please and adjust the photo to your liking. You may use any character(s) on any level with any stickers.
- Please note that photos from the Wii U version of Super Mario 3D World will not be accepted as that version does not have a snapshot mode. I apologize for the inconvenience.
- You may provide text for your photo to add to its content, using either the Switch's photo editor and incorporating the text directly onto the photo, or as a caption to go along with the photo.
- When the submission period of the contest closes, the submitted photos will be displayed in a gallery in March's 'Shroom issue, accompanied by polls asking which photos are the best of each category. The winners of each category will be announced in April's 'Shroom issue.
- Below are some visual examples of each of the three categories. You do not need to follow these examples at all; they simply serve as possible references.
- All submissions must be sent either in a PM to me on the forums or in a DM to me on Discord (my tag is LB#6333). You must send me a link to your image, be it a Facebook or Twitter post, an Imgur link, etc. in your message, or a direct upload. Your account details will not be made public.
- You may submit under any or all of the three categories, but only one submission per category per person is allowed. In your submission message, make sure to specify which photos belong to which categories, or else they will not be featured in the contest.
- Additionally, if you wish to provide an accompanying caption for a photo, include it in the message as well.
- All submissions are final. You may not rescind a submission and send me a different one later. Please be sure your image is exactly how you like it before you send it in!
- To keep things on a level playing field, further editing of images beyond Snapshot Mode and the Switch's photo editor is not allowed.
- The deadline for all photo submissions is Tuesday, March 16th, 2021, at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. Any further submissions beyond this time will not be accepted.
If you have any further questions regarding this contest, please make sure to ask me! Good luck and have fun!
|The 'Shroom: Issue 167|
|Staff sections||Staff Notes • The 'Shroom Spotlight|
|Features||Fake News • Fun Stuff • Palette Swap • Pipe Plaza • Critic Corner • Strategy Wing|
|Specials||Feedback Survey • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury Photo Contest|