|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
MERGE SPOOKUM WITH SNIFIT 14-2
Seeing King Boo and Yoster Island, Boss Wiggler's proposal.I think Spookum and Snifit should be in one article. They have both the same name in Japan.
- Mr bones (talk) Per my comment above.
- Blue Toad (talk) Per Mr. Bones.
- MrConcreteDonkey (talk) @ Booderdash: Does it matter if one works for Booster? Shy Guys have worked for Wart and Bowser, and even Fawful, but they don't have separate articles based on who controls them. It's the species, not the master. And Blue Snifits appear in some games, and these ones look exactly the same. Per Mr Bones.
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) Per BWAHAHAHAHAHA BONES *crack*
- FireBabyLuigi11 (talk) Per Dry Boneser
- Fuzzipede27 (talk) Per Mr bones.
- Mario4Ever (talk)"Spookums are Snifits that work for Booster." Need I say more?
- LeftyGreenMario (talk) They don't look the same. They ARE the same.
- Edofenrir (talk) - They have identical names in Japanese, which means the original creators intended them to be the same.
- Frostyfireyoshi (talk) All I see is a name difference, nohing else. And going by the Japanese names, there is NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER!
- Walkazo (talk) - Per all.
- Homestar Runner (talk) Per all.
- Zero777 (talk) I am Zero! Per proposal. Zero signing out.
- CuboneKing (talk) They are pretty much the same thing.
- Tomz123 (talk) Different color.
- ChillGuy (talk) The fact that they both appear in the same game around the same time, means that they are indeed different.
Did you mean to propose merging this to Snifit, not Snufit? According to the article, that would be the enemy Spookum shares its name with. EDIT: Nevermind, apparently, Snufit shares the same name as well.--vellidragon 14:17, 29 May 2010 (EDT)
- Yeah that's what I meant, sorry for the misspelling.Snufit and Snifit aren't the same enemy. Snufit is a sub enemy of snifit.--Mr bones 14:24, 29 May 2010 (EDT)
@Booderdash Okay, so MCD took the first part! For the second one. Koopa troopas are named Nokonoko in japan, and KP Koopas are called Korazu Nokonoko. However, Snifit and Spookum are called mucho in japan!Mr bones (talk)
- They look the same as the other Snifits in the game, and especially Apprentices. Are Apprentices even a species? Anyway, RPG do include versions of enemies with higher stats, so but they look no different and their names in Japan are the same. MrConcreteDonkey (talk)
- Well, in the Glitz Pit they are contenders, so that makes them more important. And really only 2 KP Koopas appear and they are characters, so they could be, and probably are, the only ones. All of the Yoshis have made much more and more major appearances, instead of a enemy that looks, attacks and even has the same Japanese name. MrConcreteDonkey
So what if they are enemies? For the last time! They have the same name in japan! It means they're the same enemy! Yoster Island and Yoshi's Island were merged because of this you know!Count Bonsula I need blood...
Yo'ster Isle is a entirely different thing. Yo'ster Isle is obviously yoshi's Island. Spookums are outright said WORK for booster and they have blue clothing thus they are different. Would we say engineers and scientists are the same things? Also Koopa TROOPAS are KOOPAS that WORK for BOWSER.
@Booderdash How is that a different thing??? Also! You're wrong! Koopa Troopa are koopas, and I agree! A koopa is a magikoopa, spiny, koopaling...The paper mario koopa troopas don't work for bowser. The game was made in japan! And Japan says they are different characters! While the english one doesn't. Are we gonna beleive the original game or the translated game? Also, this is more obvious than that island! I mean, lavalava island in paper mario have yoshis on it right? That means, Yoster Island may be a differnet Island too! But it was merged because of the japanese name! Also, look at the snifit article and tell me how many colored snifit are in there!Count Bonsula I need blood...
- Yeah, they do work for Bowser. Except when they have sunglasses on. But their name is the same EVERYWHERE. They're CALLED Koopa Troopas in america too. Spookums are called differently in America AND other countries so they're differnet if just by a miniscule. Yoster Island is obvoius, because it LOOKS like Yoshi's Island and it resembles Yoshi's Island in many ways. How about this: Piranha Plant (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door) They're definitly the same creature, just a character in the GAME says they're not. IN THE GAME! Though there names in countries are the same.
Nope, In japan, piranha plant is called Pakkun Furawā, and the other piranha plant is called Kirā Pakkun. Different I suppose. They're split because of the name. So? Why don't you take a look at Piranha Plant's talk page. You helped me a little you know. This may enforce my proposal. They're split because of the name, and I merge because of the name!Count Bonsula I need blood...
Oh! I see! So we're gonna make pages for red snifit, blue snifit and black snifit? Like I said, according to the piranha plant proposal, spookum and snifit should be merged. I mean Piranha Plant and Killer Plant look very very similar, but they were split! It means the name is stronger than the appearence.Count Bonsula I need blood...
- If they were normal Snifits, why on earth would they be given different names? Fawfulfury65 (talk)
- @ Booderdash: That's completely unrelated! Mr L./Luigi is a main character, and if a main character has an alter-ego then it should have its own page. These are apparently just Snifits who work for Booster. Imagine Shy Guys. They don't have separate articles for them working under Wart, Bowser or Fawful. Spookums look exactly like regular Snifits, and act like them too. We don't see enough of them to talk about behaviour-they are Snifits in training, therefore they belong to the Snifit species and are Snifits.
@Fawfulfury65: That's completely unrelated too! They have different names because it is like a title. They are in training. RPGs are notorious for changing enemy names. THEY EVEN HAVE THE SAME JAPANESE NAME!!!! MrConcreteDonkey
- What do you mean like a title? How do you know it's like a title? Maybe they are different species of Snifits. Fawfulfury65 (talk)
@FF65 I wanna merge them according to some older proposals. Including king boo, wiggler, yo'ster Island, piranha plant...Because they do have the same name in japan. And the game was made in japan before getting to the America.Count Bonsula I need blood...
- @FF65: ::Have you even read the article? "Spookums are Snifits who work for Booster" is the first line! MrConcreteDonkey
What I'm saying is that Shy Guys controlled by Fawfuls are caled Fawful Guys.
But, you said it yourself! Those shy guys aren't just shy guys! They ware fawfulized! They're not normal! Something is added to them(a spirit, or something). Spookums were not showen to be hypnotized! And the original creators named them snifit! However, your shy guys were named different by the original creator. You're not gonna make articles like (Shy Guys (Wart)) and (Shy Guys (Bowser) (Shy Guys (friendly) and all that! Like Edofenrir said, They were meant to be the same as snifit!Count Bonsula I need blood...
I don't know if you lot have already discussed this or not, but as far as I know, Snifits are nearly always blue. Especially in Super Mario Advance. What makes Spookums so different then? Please, tell me if they do have some special quality that makes them different to the Snifit, although they both wear blue robes. This Is War 14:19, 20 August 2010 (UTC)
So Fawfulized means they're were just controlled by Fawful. We could call the Booster ones Boosterlized. And the thing about the spirit thing is ridiculous. All they've done is hypnotised. They're still the same shy guys. Anyways we're not going to make Shy Guys (Bowser) because thats the default one. Shy Guys work for Bowser by default. Wart was just a dream so I don't know about that... And frostyfireyoshi, they ATTACK differently.
- Booderdash, how do they attack differently? I can't find it in the article. I wouldn't know anyway, I've never played SMRPG. :[ This Is War 14:44, 20 August 2010 (UTC)
NO! Those guys are named Fawful Guys! Yes! They are shy guys! And they're not normal shy guys! And Mr L isn't Luigi right? What? A dream? Than we should delete all of the articles about this dream? Look! In the japanese version SMRPG the spookums are named snifits. It means the creator wanted them to be snifit! Normal snifit! Aprentices, however, are the ones who wants to work with Booster. That's why they have their own article!Count Bonsula I need blood...
- So, humans who attack with guns and humans who attack with knives are different sub-species of humans!? MrConcreteDonkey 08:25, 24 August 2010 (UTC)
Th attack doesn't matter. Mario attacks diferently in each game. For the last time, The original creator says that they're the same as snifit! The only snifit faught in the game are Sinifit#1, 2 and 3. And they are all characters! Also, the aprentices faught are spookums right? How do you explain their "transformations" into snifits when they beat Mario???Count Bonsula I need blood...
The attack DOES matter. Thats what seperates every enemy from every other enemy. Mario is a main character thus does not count, but his main attack is still jumping. Ok, then what proof do you have have thats what the creator wanted it to be? Why don't you ask him? We can't just assume since the japanese name is the same the CREATOR wanted them to be the same. Since remembor its also made by square enix. Also, I haven't had the game so I didn't know about the transformation.
BY THE CREATOR, I mean japan. The game was made in japan IN THE FIRST PLACE. You don't own the game? Then check out the apprentice article! Also, the snifit1, 2 and 3 aren't normal enemies! They're some kind of a boss! Because they attack differentle, that's because the three of them are characters! Like Goomboss and goomba!Count Bonsula I need blood...
You know, Spookum seems more better merged into APPRENTICE than Snifit, since reading the three articles, Spookum seems more close to Apprentice than Snifit. But if you say they're CHARACTERS, that makes a whole nother arguement. That means, they're not enemies but characters, and all characters get their indiviual articles.
Noooo! I meant the three snifits in SMRPG are like characters. Also, spookums cannot be merged into apprentice because thare are other spookums faught! Apprentices are spookums and spookums are snifits! The snifits appearning in SMRPG were named! Snifit 1, 2, 3. It means the spookums are just normal snifits.Count Bonsula I need blood...
Maybe, but for now we'll focus on the proposal. You can make one to create an article about them here if you want. Also, they're gonna be stubs, I think that's why it's merged into Snifit...Count Bonsula I need blood...