About the list of 'Notable Plumbers': When have Wario and Waluigi been called plumbers? As far as I can tell, Wario is a treasure hunter and software designer, while Waluigi is an athlete. They dress like plumbers, but I don't think that's enough to go by.
Oh, look, plumber has a page! Let's see... oh...
I don't think this article has any encyclopedic use. We don't have doctor as an article (and there are way more doctors than plumbers in the Mario series), nor chef (disambiguation page). "But Mario, the most famous video game character, is a plumber!" Well, he started as a carpenter, right? And he also happens to be a racer, soccer player, tennis player, villain, a magnet for getting kissed, and many others. And Mario exercises these additional jobs WAY more than exercising his plumber skills (even though he dresses like one). I think this article is just a cheap way to give pages some more links and that's it. The most useful part of this article is probably the list and the opening sentence (the rest of the mumbo jumbo doesn't really pertain to plumber), but even then, save it for the categories. KaBoom! 14:04, 6 March 2014 (EST)
Fire this page
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
As I said above, this page is pointless for several reasons:
- It hardly pertains to Mario, Wario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, or, god forbid, Super Mario's Fire Brigade. It's an article about a generic subject.
- Speaking of generic subjects, Mario is also a carpenter, a doctor, a kart racer, soccer player, an aspiring politician, a firefighter, and a company CEO. Oh, and many other crap. There are also other notable characters as well, and more, compared to plumber (like kart racer). Saying that plumber needs an article because an iconic character (and his twin) has that occupation is a weak argument. Mario doesn't even work like a plumber (I guess in the games) as much as he works as most those jobs outlined above anyway despite his dashing outfit.
- Most of this article doesn't even relate to plumbers. It talks about some events from the cartoon about the origin of plumbing, I guess, but they're better off in other articles, like Brooklyn Plumbers Academy.
This page works best as a category, just like most other occupations.
- Mario (talk) As I said, this article needs to go to the unemployment line.
- Epic Rosalina (talk) I originally thought when I saw the title "Oh no, proposal to delete Mario and Luigi's history?" WRONG! This page is just a bunch of garbage and yes, per Mario.
- Glowsquid (talk) You have a cogent case.
- Baby Luigi (talk) Per all
- Lord Grammaticus (talk) Per all.
- Yoshi876 (talk) Per proposal.
- Bluetoad63 (talk) Junk page, per all.
- Tails777 (talk) Per all
- SuperYoshiBros (talk) Per all.
- MegaKoopa (talk) Per all.
- SeanWheeler (talk) Mario is more than a plumber, and his other jobs aren't detailed on this wiki.
Wasn't there a proposal a while back that was to delete generic pages like this? If I recall, the proposal was to delete the articles of common, everyday things that didn't play a noticeably different role within the Mario series. Doesn't this fall into that category? Tails777 (talk)
- It doesn't delete ALL generic pages (we still have Door). And I'd still like to have a little discussion first before deleting it. KaBoom! 02:34, 7 March 2014 (EST)