Talk:List of Paper Mario pre-release and unused content
Logo and old artwork
At the Super Mario RPG 2 page for the Space World '99 at Nintendo.co.jp, an image of the former logo can be found, as well as promotional artwork of Kooper and Lakilester that is done in a different style than the final ones, but I'm not sure if the artwork belongs to beta elements. --Grandy02 09:17, 31 December 2009 (EST)
- Hmm.... I would say they are, however, I will try to get 22 to translate the page, to see if we get any aditional info. --™ The 'Shroom 15:24, 31 December 2009 (EST)
Has anyone tried using this on a koopa? Maybe it acts as a jump for the purposes of flipping shelled foes, thus alllowing you to get at spike tops, koopatrols, etc. without Spike Shield?
Proposal: Make pages for beta items.
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
do not make new articles 1-9
We have a page for Drill Bit, along with beta info on Dark Paratroopa and Albino Dino
- Goomba's Shoe15 (talk) if your talking about items that only appear as beta elements than no the reason we have articles on Drill Bits Albino Dinos and Dark Paratroopas is because all 3 of them made actual apperances in games not just as beta elements.
- Mario4Ever (talk) Per the user named after a SMB3 item.
- Zero777 (talk) I don't know why Drill Bit has its own article, I prefer for it to be deleted, and Dark Paratroopas have complete information on them with nothing missing, we don't necessarily need to experience it in fighting for it to deserve an article, plus it appears in the sequel, and Albino Rhinos appear in the game themselves and have complete battle information, so it deserves to be at least mentioned. IF you're worried that the PM Beta article is too big, don't worry, it isn't that big at all.
- Toad85 (talk) Per 0777.
- BabyLuigiOnFire (talk) Beta elements usually have little to no information, due to their scrapped nature. Having a page with mostly the same sentence ("*item here* is about to appear in Paper Mario but got scrapped") would be redundant. Therefore, keeping the beta elements in the beta element article is the proper way to handle things. All the enemies you mentioned at least appeared in a game, which is why they have an article.
- Bowser's luma (talk) This is the whole reason why we have the beta page: because we don't need pages for individual beta items.
- Walkazo (talk) - Per Goomba's Shoe15 and Bowser's luma.
- reddragon19k (talk) Even though this is a proposal, that is a per all!
- Mpeng (talk) Per BabyLuigiOnFire
- Have you read the article one appears right before Smithy destroys his factory telling him to watch his blood pressure Goomba's Shoe15 (talk)
I was on The Spriter's Resource looking at Paper Mario sprites. I looked at the Ninji sprite sheet and noticed some interesting colors. The colors were yellow, green, cyan, and pink. I emailed the person who ripped those sprites and he said that they are assumed to be unused because he found the colors in the game's coding while ripping the Ninjis. However, those could just be debug colors or maybe they were a glitch. ~ JohnRoberts (talk)
- I'm not 100% sure but I think that doesn't matter for beta elements/glitches/gallery pages.
Banon (talk · edits) 12:31, 15 May 2013 (EDT)
- It's a featured article and one of the rules for a featured states that it must have a start section of reasonable length, and I don't think this does. Yoshi876 (talk)
- Trouble is: there is two rules which are FA rule #6 VS. Intro standards for subpages. I think the rule that can be changed is FA rule #6--17:15, 3 July 2013 (EDT)
- I see 2 ways to deal with the problem, 1 is a possible proposal to do something about Rule #6 as I remember when this article was featured on the main page after the introduction it started on the next section and it didn't seem so bad, or the article gets unfeatured as it will be in conflict with one of those policies. Yoshi876 (talk)
- Trouble is: there is two rules which are FA rule #6 VS. Intro standards for subpages. I think the rule that can be changed is FA rule #6--