From the Super Mario Wiki
in its latest appearance in Mario Kart 8
Bowser's Castle (also called Bowser Castle in some games) is a common race course found in the Mario Kart series. The course features usually hazards such as lava pits, Thwomps, fireballs and sharp turns. In Mario Kart: Super Circuit and its succeeding games, Bowser's Castle is the penultimate course of the Special Cup. However, in Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart: Super Circuit, there were multiple new versions of this track, similar to the Mario Circuit courses in Super Mario Kart.
Bowser's Castle has appeared as multiple iterations throughout the Mario Kart series. In Super Mario Kart, three Bowser Castle courses appeared in the Mushroom, Flower and Star cups. The stages had the same appearance and features such as lava pits and Thwomps. The later Bowser Castles have more obstacles and turns than the first Bowser Castles.
Names in other languages
||Castillo de Bowser
||Château de Bowser
||Castello di Bowser
||Castelo do Bowser
- Bowser's Castle, Mario Circuit (named Mario Raceway in Mario Kart 64), and Rainbow Road are the only courses that appear in each Mario Kart series game to date.
- Among all courses, Bowser's Castle is the only course to appear in all Mario Kart series so far, including Arcade GP series.
- The Bowser Kart from the game Nintendogs plays the Bowser's Castle theme from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! when used.
- The theme for Bowser's Castle in the game Super Mario Kart bears a striking resemblance to the Bowser battle's music in Super Mario World.
- The Bowser's Castle in the game Mario Kart 8 is the only Bowser's Castle in the series that does not feature Thwomps.
- The Bowser's Castle in Mario Kart 7 is the first (and currently only) Bowser's Castle in the series to have water.