The 'Shroom:Issue VIII/Mario Knowledge
Mario Knowledgeby Bean
There is no quiz this month, as TheGreatBlockyBoo (talk) has resigned from the 'Shroom for personal reasons.
Hey, This is Beanbean here, giving you some trivia about Nintendo and the Marioverse! Hope you enjoy ;)
1. According to Nintendo Power Magazine, Super Paper Mario is the first "5D" sidescrolling video game.
2. In the book How to Draw Nintendo Heroes and Villains Bowser is listed as Kerog, but is never called that elsewhere.
3. The enemy Growmeba in the game Super Paper Mario is seemingly based off of the single-celled organism called an amoeba, which like Growmebas, can multiply at an intense rate.
4. The enemy Longator from Super Paper Mario looks very similar to the Sandbag from the game Super Smash Bros. Melee
5. One of the Sammer Guys from Super Paper Mario is name “The Thousand-Year-Roar” is a reference to the previous game in the Paper Mario Series, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
6. The Skeleton Key, which is featured in many of the games in the Mario Party Series, is an actual name for a type of key which is used on certain locks.
7. The Sammer Guy Over The Flagpole name comes from the flagpole at the end of every non-dungeon level in Super Mario Bros.. A famous glitch involved players jumping over the flagpole, which is referred to in Over the Flagpole's speech.
8. In the game Super Mario Bros., the third and sixth worlds would take place at night, but all of the other worlds take place during the day.
9. The Space Ship, a location in Super Mario Galaxy, resembles Captain Olimar and Louie's ship from Pikmin 2.
10. The first Paper Mario game doesn't have life points for Mario's partners like in Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door.
11. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars was Mario's first 3-dimensional game, and it was also his first RPG game.