The 'Shroom:Issue LXXVIII/Fun Stuff
Hello, readers! This month, we have another new section: Shoey returns with the Trivia! Good for him. He wasn't terrible at it originally so I'm sure he'll be not-terrible at it some more.
For August, the section of the month was General Bob-omb's Hiding Koopa, with 14 votes! Second was Guess Who, by Freakworld, with 12 votes, and in third with 9 votes was Tucayo's Mystery Images.
Oh, and this is my last month. For some reason, they're swapping me out with Smasher. So if things go wrong, he's to blame!
Hello 'Shroom readers, it is I: Marshal Dan Troop. The greatest user/dictator that has ever lived. And good news -- I am back from my war with Pipe Plaza and I have successfully raided their entire snowglobe collection. However, I also have bad news, for I have been usurped by that lowly homeless punk Blocky with his promises of democracy and healthcare for the people, bah. So now I have been forced to write this trivia section while I plot my next move. But anyways, did you know
- That in Donkey Kong Jr. Mario is the villain?
- That on the Super Mario Bros. Japanese box art Bowser is Grey?
- That the reason Mario has a hat is because it was to difficult to create hair in Donkey Kong?
- That according to Rare Donkey Kong Country was originally going to have a giraffe animal buddy?
- That originally the Koopalings were Bowser’s children?
Find The Difference
Before we start this time, I'd like to thank everyone who hosted and participated in the Awards Activities. You guys are awesome!
Rules: You'll get 5 hints on a Character, which should be used to guess the answer. This character can be from any part of the Mario, Wario and Donkey Kong Universe. If you scroll down you'll see a spoiler box, hiding the answer.
- This character dates back to the very first Super Mario Bros. game on the NES.
- This character appeared in many main series instalments and Spin-offs since then.
- This character loves to fly.
- This character was a driver in Mario Kart 7.
- This character throws enemies at the player.
Guess that Game
Rules: Same as in "Guess Who".
- This game was released on a portable console.
- Shigeru Miyamoto was NOT involved with the developement of this game.
- This was one of the first games released on its console.
- This game was in Black and White.
- This game introduced another princess. (Not Peach)
HI! This month, all of the images come from winners in this year's Awards.
Welcome, Minds and welcome bogglers! Welcome to another issue and another Mind Bogglers. I played SM64DS once again today, and I really wanted to see Waluigi in the game. Tell you what, How about we play the "Wanted" minigame again (just like the first issue of my Mind Bogglers. Now I used my
lousy skills in Photoshop to make a Waluigi Icon for the game. Here it is!
|Tips, read only if you give up|
It's Mario, but paper. Doesn't seem like it would make sense, and yet it makes so much sense. It's both nostalgic and enjoyable, so why not hide a koopa in it? Makes even more sense. Furthermore, the koopa is slightly camouflaged. Oh, and no, it's not Kooper... or Parakarry...
Hey, there, and welcome to another issue of Crossword!
In order to celebrate the Mario Awards VII, held last month (this is the Awards Issue, after all), the theme for this month's crossword will be Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, which won the Favourite Game award. Here it is:
|5||First partner to join Mario in his quest||1||Sole boss of Chapter 6|
|6||Hub town in PM: TTYD||2||Final boss in the Pit of 100 Trials|
|9||Special items collected by Mario and Co. in their adventure (_______ Stars)||3||Main antagonist and final boss of the game|
|11||First optional partner in the Paper Mario series||4||Number of times Lord Crump is battled|
|12||Evil organization led by Sir Grodus||7||Glitz Pit champion before Chapter 3|
|8||Damsel-in-distress saved by Luigi in his own adventure (Princess ______)|
|10||Number of enemy teams in the Glitz Pit|
|13||Number of partners in the game|
Today’s Word Search is based around previous handheld Mario games (specifically, GBA, DS, and 3DS) due to the recent announcement of the Nintendo 2DS. To anyone who gets it, happy playing, and best of luck to you if you do play one of the DS or 3DS Mario games in this word search (and happy playing to GBA/DS/3DS players too!)
|Previous Section Next Section|
|Front Page About Archives Comments Subscribe Spotlight Contact us Manual of Style Sign up |