The 'Shroom:Issue LXXII/Directors' Notes
Welcome again to The 'Shroom! We are at the March 2013 issue– Happy St. Patrick's Day, everybody!
As Tucayo has reported all of the 'Shroom-related news again this month, I suppose I will take this opportunity to discuss some things about myself and my role in the community now. I have noticed that there might be some confusion, so I would like to clear things up a bit since I did not make any sort of public announcement about these changes until... well, today, in these notes.
On March 11th, 2013, I resigned from the Wiki Staff team and the Forum Moderator team, as well as all of my positions on Userpedia. I am not planning on resigning from The 'Shroom, the Awards Committee, or the Mafia Hosts Guild– I am still going to be involved with helping out in these areas. My resignations should not be viewed as my leaving the community or any sort of retirement. I resigned because I do not have the time that I would need to continue on with all of the staff positions I had, and I chose the areas that I was starting to fall behind in to cut.
When I ran for Director of The 'Shroom again and agreed to join the Awards Committee for another year, I essentially made a promise to the community that I would follow through with what I intended to do. And so I will not resign from these positions at all– I will carry out my duties and responsibilities as I pledged to do. So there should be no worries about the fate of this project or any other one I have not stepped down from, as my workload has actually shrunk and I should be able to dedicate more time to this soon.
I would like to thank everybody for their support and their understanding, and I look forward to serving out the rest of my term as Director of The 'Shroom. Be sure to read the next issue on April 20th, 2013! I am certain that next month's edition will be one of quality and greatness.
Until next month,
blue ah bah dee dah bah die Dah bah dee dah bah die dah bah dee dah bah dee dah bah die your Co-director, Tucayo, bringing you this month's notes.
- Our first Music & Art Drawing Contest is in the voting stages, go check the M&A for more details.
- Discussion of the 'Shroom Awards IV has begun. We will be deciding on categories and nominees in the next weeks.
- We will be starting the new Single Page system soon, either this month or next one.
- Marshal dan Troop (talk) resigned from Guess That Game, leaving Freakworld (talk) as its sole writer.
- Our own Paper Yoshi (talk) will now be bringing you the Crossword.
- YoshiKong (talk) has been added as co-writer of Community Report.
- New Super Mario (talk) is back on the team, writing his own review section for Critic Corner.
- Pyro (talk) and Yoshi K (talk) are new additions to the Critic Corner sub-team.
- Game Soundtrack Reviews has been moved from Critic Corner to Music & Art, as it fit its overall theme better, and a new Critic Corner section will be added soon.
- We will be trying to implement a Closing Statement in future issues, as per this suggestion.
We got several Critic Corner applications last month, thanks to everyone who applied, and congratulations to everyone who got the job. This probably has been my favorite Critic Corner, be sure to give it a read! On the other hand, the Main Team hit an all-time-low, getting only two sections. If you are interested in any of the positions, please contact either Super Mario Bros. (talk) or myself.
Now, for a personal note, after an 8-month run, I have resigned from my position as Retro Feature writer. I just have way too many things going on in Real Life right now, and I felt that section was placing an unnecessary burden on myself. I hope you enjoyed it while it lasted, and, if you feel you could do it, apply for it! On a similar note, Ask Tucayo will also be coming to an end next month, so you should give it a read. That's all on my notes, enjoy the issue!
- Post-release update:
We are looking for a Sub-Director! If you are interested, please head here.
|Previous Section Next Section|
|Front Page About Archives Comments Subscribe Spotlight Contact us Manual of Style Sign up |