The 'Shroom:Issue 131/Super Mario Odyssey Photo Contest
Greetings, 'Shroom readers! Here I am hosting another competition because I love these things. I'm pleased to announce a new 'Shroom contest for you all; a photography contest featuring Super Mario Odyssey! I've decided to host this now in celebration of the upcoming content update for the game, featuring Luigi's Balloon World and additional Snapshot Mode filters. This is simply a friendly competition where you may have the opportunity to share and view some neat photos from Super Mario Odyssey. The guidelines for this contest are as follows.
- There will be three different categories for this contest; Action, Aesthetic, and Creative.
- The Action category is meant to show Mario with style; hat throws, dives, secret treasures, boss fights, you name it! Anything that shows Mario's more adventurous, risky, and explorative side goes here.
- The Aesthetic category is meant for neat details and features that catch the eye; think landscapes, scenic photos, flora and fauna, and the like. Photos that really show off the beauty of the game go here.
- The Creative category is meant for silly and imaginative shots (and yes, memes), along with anything that doesn't really fit the above two categories. Funny, unique, and/or horrifying photos go here.
- Photos must be taken using the game's Snapshot Mode, but you may use any filter (or no filter) you please, and adjust the photo to your liking. You may take it in any location (or in the Balloon World mode), wearing any costume.
- You may provide text for your photo to add to its content, using either the Nintendo Switch's built-in photo editor and incorporating the text directly onto the photo, or as a caption to go along with the photo.
- When the submission period of the contest closes, the submitted photos will be displayed in a gallery in March's 'Shroom issue, accompanied by polls asking which photos are the best of each category. The winners of each category will be announced in April's 'Shroom issue.
- Below are some visual examples of each of the three categories. You do not need to follow these examples at all; they simply serve as possible references.
- All submissions must be sent in a PM to me on the forums. You must send me a link to your image, be it a Facebook or Twitter post, an Imgur link, etc. in your PM. Your account details will not be made public.
- You may submit under any or all of the three categories, but only one submission per category per person is allowed. In your submission PM, make sure to specify which photos belong to which categories, or else they will not be featured in the contest.
- Additionally, if you wish to provide an accompanying caption for a photo, include it in the PM as well.
- All submissions are final. You may not rescind a submission and send me a different one later; doing so will disqualify you the category you sent a photo for. Please be sure your image is exactly how you like it before you send it in!
- To keep things on a level playing field, further editing of images beyond SMO's Snapshot Mode and the Switch's photo editor are not allowed.
- The deadline for all photo submissions is Saturday, March 10th, 2018, at 11:59 PM PST. Any further submissions beyond this time will not be accepted.
If you have any further questions regarding this contest, please make sure to ask me! Good luck and have fun!
|The 'Shroom: Issue 131|
|Staff sections||Staff Notes • The 'Shroom Spotlight|
|Features||Fake News • Fun Stuff • Palette Swap • Pipe Plaza • Critic Corner• Strategy Wing|
|Specials||Super Mario Odyssey Photo Contest|