Talk:List of Mario Kart 8 glitches
Hello, I think the glitches on the page are accurate, but I do think I should add this if it's possible. Any "effect" in the game like an item destroying itself (green/red shell hitting another player, super horn) or the diving in water effect seem glitched in the highlight reel. If you slow it down and rewind it, the effect that plays continues playing even if it wasn't used then.
Super Horn effect before the finish line for example.
You can be 2 seconds before the finish line and then slow down, rewind it (it works with normal rewind too, but to see the effect it's better in slow-mo) and you'll see the Super Horn effect finishes itself before it plays again where it's supposed to. The effects don't rewind like the character animations and glitch up like they're still supposed to be playing when it didn't happen.
- Sounds more of a simple online disability (due the ability to use these online) that isn't a glitch and probably lazy developing. Like Rosalina's dress going into the steering wheel. - 05:11, 20 June 2014 (EDT)
- 1 I FOUND SOME MORE GLITCHES!
- 2 N64 Rainbow road Glitch
- 3 Time Trial Menu Glitch
- 4 Online Lobby Drops
- 5 Game freeze
- 6 Another track that Blue Boost Pad Trick Glitch happens
- 7 Glitch!!!
- 8 Mini-turbo glitch
- 9 Sunshine airport sign glitch
- 10 Blue Boost pad glitch in Mario circuit
- 11 Edge Clipping
- 12 Yoshi Valley "Red Banana" Glitch/ Invisibility Glitch
- 13 Battle glitch
- 14 edge clipping works try it
- 15 Below the ramp in TH
- 16 Go Gla! Freeze Glitch
- 17 2nd place in 1st
- 18 Let's get rid of fake / invented glitches
- 19 The last clause in "Edge Clipping"
- 20 This a glitch?
- 21 Hit without Hitting
- 22 Game crash in game.
I FOUND SOME MORE GLITCHES!
Hey! It's been a while since I have been on, but I got Mario Kart 8 for Christmas! So, I was playing it when I noticed some glitches we may wanna add. I uploaded these all by myself under the YouTube name Krazy Weegee, so all of these glitches I FOUND MYSELF! The first one is a Spin Boost Glitch. I was playong on Rainbow Road when, as I rammed into the Spin Boost Pillar the right way, I boosted off of it 3 times, but consequently got stuck on it. Here is the link to that:
Next was an Jiggly Camera Glitch, where, as I was playing on 3DS Piranha Plant Slide and uploaded the replay, the camera (after it focuses on Wario and cuts to the part with me again), the camera suddenly spazzes out and then corrects itself. Here is THAT link:
Finally, there was one I did recently, but I have not uploaded it yet. I was racing as Bowser, and Waluigi comes up to me. Luigi tried to squeeze past but then THIS happens: his head starts rapidly shaking left and right! I will upload that one (hopefully) soon. Whaddya think, guys? ALSO, PLZ SUBSCRIBE TO MAH CHANNEL!!!!!
N64 Rainbow road Glitch
- It's a bit hard to see the actual effects of the glitch. Maybe if it were an actual gameplay video instead of a highlight reel...
- Although, while watching the video, I noticed when Toad went backwards to the anti gravity section, the wheels turned sideways without the panel thingy being there. I'm not sure if that's a glitch or intentional.--Triple K, Skye 19:53, 20 June 2014 (EDT)
- Pretty cool glitch, it should be in the article. I'll try it, but WARNING: I'm not good at seeking glitches ^_^ and @Koopakoolklub it is intentional to prevent glitching and falling repeately. Try it in Mario Circuit backwards. The breaking glitches are cool too (good thing I'm in PAL I won't have them) and my wrong losing coins glitch sould be here. I wonder how intricated glitches (breaking) can be founded O_O TSUNAMI
Time Trial Menu Glitch
If you go to the time trial menu (on any course), where it shows the time trial times, and if you press A + B at the same time, it will exit and enter the menu once again. The box where it shows the time trial times will disappear. --MatrVincent (talk) 22:43, 26 June 2014 (EDT)
Online Lobby Drops
So not sure wether to add this or not but quite frequently, about %20 of the time, when i try going back to the home menu in-game, mario kart 8 will freeze the system. This only seems to happen on the title screen or main menu. Id like to know if anyone else has encountered this. - Cubeguy(talk)
- Are you in NTSC-U (America)? I'm in PAL (Europe) and that never happen... It isn't the first time that a NSTC-U glitch fas fixed in PAL...TSUNAMI
- I'am PAL. - Cubeguy(talk)
- You too. In which country are you? Maybe in some countries has been fixed and in other no (I'm in Italy)... or maybe it depends on the Wii U I have. I buy one after a year it comes out, making it 100% core bugs free! TSUNAMI
- I'am PAL. - Cubeguy(talk)
Another track that Blue Boost Pad Trick Glitch happens
I'm new to this wiki, but I already worked into another wikis, and I know plenty of formats of how to editing one. I've registered mostly to add that the Blue Boost Pad Trick Glitch happens in DS Tick Tock Clock as well, as seen here: [Youtube Video] at 0:13-0:16, but I think I'm not allowed to edit this page? Would someone add it? Take a look at the video first, this was taken on an online Tournament Match, between 07/19-07/20 of the year of 2014. Thank you. Gabrielwoj (talk) 00:33, 20 July 2014 (EDT)
- I put it there for you. --Triple K, Skye 00:41, 20 July 2014 (EDT)
Watch this video  at 2:13-2:31. Lakitu is magical!!! Also, some cool glitches that deserves to appear here at around (better to see the cause of them) 2:45 and 2:03. But the glitch of the invisible glider, I think it's programmed that way, like invisible antgravity pads when going reverse. TSUNAMI
If the player creates and uses a red mini-turbo and hops several times directly after the boost, they will get a longer mini-turbo.
Sunshine airport sign glitch
If the player goes to sunshine airport and turns around DIRECTLY before the first jump, a sign and a tree will be missing from the background in the airport. If the player moves forward, the sign and tree will return.
Blue Boost pad glitch in Mario circuit
If the player goes to the blue boost pad in Mario circuit and falls off to the right right before touching it close to the jump, like in sunshine airport, the glider will still appear.
If the player has a bike and leans off an edge to almost all of it fell off and moves forward, the player might go in the wall. If the wall is high up, they might fall through it. This can be used to reach many different out of bounds. The edge should be like this:
_____ | | |
This won't work:
___ / / /
Yoshi Valley "Red Banana" Glitch/ Invisibility Glitch
Hi, it's me. I had a question about the Yoshi Valley glitch with the red banana. Can someone prove that this can happen? Otherwise, I don't think it is true unless there's a photo or video.
Also, I found this... www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rYNhNxhAvw HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!?!?
The glitch I'm talking about is on the article- I don't know who put it on there in the first place if it can't be proven (its called "glitched characters"). Also, what do you mean when you said "The missing rider might be a one off glitch"?
- I cannot source any proof of the Glitched characters, it also seems to elaborate and fishy like Waluigi in Super Mario 64 DS, and by one off i mean it just happens for no reason and theres no cause, see the character thats missing from the kart is Metal Mario, this rules him out of the glitch'es concerning the mii's and also the Glitched characters since they are not on Yoshi Valley at the time. Its just some random glitch, although i wouldn't be concerned into delving into it since there updating the game in 2 days. - Cubeguy(talk)
I am hoping someone can find evidence that Yoshi Valley glitch is true, or we'll just have to remove it. It seems so interesting, yet so specific at the same time! (Guest user btw ^^")
- There are lotsa Out of Bound vidos on YouTube. This could be one. If you could watch them (my Internet is about to finish) and add them, I'll be grateful. TSUNAMI
edge clipping works try it
Go to thwomp ruins as Yoshi in any bike and monster wheels. Go backward and up some of the stairs. Fall off the side of the stairs and hang off with your front wheel. Go slightly back and right when you are about to fall off press a-2 and your head will be in the wall if you fell from a low height. If you use a mushroom and hop you might fly through the platform. If you fell from a high distance you will go through the floor and wall.
The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mustard Of Doom (talk).
- Your English is terrible (no offense), so I don't get it completely, but I'll try. But remember that I have no luck with glitches, so it could be an one-timer. TSUNAMI
This isn't new, it has been known for quite some time. To do this, you have to use a particular bike (jet bike works, and so does SB) and hang from the edge of a solid object. When you are falling off, press a and if you're lucky you might be able to get inside that object. it takes a lot of practice though. 57sugoi (talk) 21:04, 28 December 2014 (EST)
Below the ramp in TH
Because I'm not able to edit the article - it's semi-protected without any reason given - I have to write on the talk page :-)
On TH there exists a glitch which allows to go below the wooden ramp. You have to do the edge clipping glitch, then fall of the edge and try to drive through the wooden bareer. I treid it, but it doesn't work - maybe I did something wrong? You can see a player executing the glitch in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqHo9ah5NKU It's pretty good to hide there during a balloon battle I think :) Mariofan13 (talk) 15:54, 28 December 2014 (EST)
I think that counts as edge clipping. You can pretty much get under any solid ramp (among other things) using edge clipping. the Th glitch was the first one found and also the most common. Edge clipping is already a section on the page though. 57sugoi (talk) 21:04, 28 December 2014 (EST)
Go Gla! Freeze Glitch
When go to menu with Go Gla! image and you do not downloaded this, the game will freeze and playing a klaxon sound in background. The player needs to restart the console.
2nd place in 1st
Rarely, in Sunshine Airport, get a red shell in 3rd lap, and hit the player when the shell go between 2 boxes they moving. The player will crush and you will win the race, but in 2nd place. Pretty, this is a rare glitch they apparear in other courses, but I don't know what's the others. Anyone have another course this glitch apparear? --MetalMario2 (talk) 19:36, 27 May 2015 (EDT)
Let's get rid of fake / invented glitches
Can we somehow get rid of obvious fake glitches? As long as there is no source for a glitch, or multiple players confirming it, we should not keep them on this page. Stuff just made up like Glitched Characters (you can't invent more bs...) and Random Freeze Glitch (of course, to make it more spectacular, not only a screechy horn sound is heard, it may also corrupt your save files for no reason) should be deleted, until the author can proof his wet glitch dreams.
- The quality in these glitch pages have always been pitiful. The "screechy horn sound", however, is probably that programmed buzzfreeze noise that plays when the Wii and Wii U goes "WTF" and locks the game. I'd suggest just removing some of the entrees since they're poorly written anyway. Although we should assume good faith, we should not accept additions without sources or a degree of plausibility and ability to be replicated. KaBoom! 16:33, 26 July 2015 (EDT)
The last clause in "Edge Clipping"
This a glitch?
Hit without Hitting
I do not know WHY, but I was playing as Shy Guy, in the Blue Falcon with Azure Rollers. Suddenly, I was hit with a red shell in the library section of Twisted Mansion, and I fell through the floor! I saw a cloudy void and the underwater section. Then Lakitu put me back on the course. Does anyone know why that happened???!!!
The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk).