With us treating the Double Dice Set and Double Dice as separate (and tentatively doing the same for their triple counterparts), having the Star Pipe and Golden Pipe sharing a page is inconsistent. The two items have different names in both English and Japanese, different designs (the Golden Pipe lacks a star on the front and is more metallic; the latter could simply be a result of graphical advancements of the Nintendo Switch, however), and slightly different functions (the Star Pipe warps the user to the Star, the Golden Pipe to the space behind the Star). The same can be said about the Double Dice Set versus the Double Dice...except the different functions: Mario Party Superstars restored the coin bonus for matching Dice Blocks, making the two pipes even more different.
- Maybe split the pipes? -- FanOfYoshi 09:12, November 3, 2021 (EDT)
Split this page into Star Pipe and Golden Pipe
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
Per discussion above. To reiterate:
- The two items have different English and Japanese names. While subjects going through multiple English and Japanese names is not new, they are at least the same subject in some way. These?
- The items look different. While the Golden Pipe being more metallic than the Star Pipe can simply be chalked up to graphical improvements of the Nintendo Switch compared to the DS, the lack of a star on the Golden Pipe is pretty significant.
- The items function slightly differently. The Star Pipe warps the user to the Star, while the Golden Pipe warps them to the space behind the Star. While virtually meaningless from a gameplay standpoint, it's more significant from a meta standpoint.
- Ultimately, having these items share a page is inconsistent with our treatment of the Double Dice Set and Double Dice—and the latter item functions nearly identically to the former in Mario Party Superstars due to Dice Blocks rolling 1–10 again and coin bonuses from matching Dice Blocks returning. This gives the Star Pipe and Golden Pipe even less of a reason to share a page.
- ShootingStar7X (talk) Per proposal.
- Archivist Toadette (talk) Per ShootingStar7X.
- WildWario (talk) Per proposal.
- FanOfYoshi (talk) Per all.
- Chester Alan Arthur (talk) Per all
- Hewer (talk) Per all.
- OhoJeeOnFire (talk) No offense, but opposing because technically the golden pipe is the star pipe, so what is the point of making a somewhat duplicate article? They have the same purpose, to move the player near a good space. The only difference could be the name and the game it appears in, but the purpose could also be a difference between them.
- Tails777 (talk) Given the proposal to merge the Double Dice Sets together, I feel this should remain merged.
Well, this is my first proposal. Everyone has to start somewhere, right? If this proposal fails, we may have to look into merging the Double Dice Set and Double Dice. ShootingStar7X (talk) 13:22, November 3, 2021 (EDT)
Personally I think Double Dice Set and Double Dice should be merged, since the difference between the two is the name and the game they take place in, really. Ray Trace(T|C) 16:04, November 3, 2021 (EDT)
@OhoJeeOnFire: We still have separate articles on items with the same function but are otherwise completely different; see Flower Orb, Bitsize Candy, and Golden Drink. (T|C) 16:47, November 3, 2021 (EDT)