MarioWiki:Featured articles/Unfeature/N1/Paper Mario
From the Super Mario Wiki
Paper Mario was nominated to be unfeatured at 20:06, 25 January 2015 (EDT) and passed at 05:05, 2 February 2015.
Remove Featured Article Status
- Time Turner (talk) The very first thing that I noticed about this article is that there's not a single mentions of items in any useful format. Not a list or table, not a small description anywhere, not even a link to the Recipes page (speaking of, the ability to cook items isn't mentioned as well). After that, I started to look through, and my biggest complaint is with the story: I'd describe it as Beige Prose. Personally, the entire thing is a complete slog to read through, with nothing naturally flowing from one sentence to another and basically no descriptors. I'm not expecting flowery writing like what you'd see from a novel, but good writing is still essential, and something that has me jumping over whole sentences just to get to the end is not good writing. Look at Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Party DS, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl for articles that have genuinely-interesting story descriptions. Alongside the items, there are actually quite a lot of stuff that's missing: the Letters, the Star Pieces, the Li'l Oinks, the shops, the status effects, an explanation of Badges, a description of the staff that isn't just a list, Koopa Koot's Favors, images for the boss table, the Save Blocks, the Recovery Blocks, the Super Blocks, Merlee, Chuck Quizmo, and I'm positive that there's more that's missing. Seriously, this article is so far from complete. A lot of the things that I've mentioned could scoot away with a small section or a couple of sentences in the right location describing them, but the fact that they're not even there in the first place is definitely indicative of the article's condition. One more thing that's missing: no gameplay section. Sure, we've got a header for the battles, but how about everything outside of the battles? You know, platforming, the overworld, interacting with NPC's, using abilities in the overworld... That alone is a huge chunk that's missing.
- Baby Luigi (talk) The article is incomplete, therefore, I support the unfeature. Everything Time Turner has said is correct and this article should get unfeatured.
- Mario (talk) So, in other words, the sidequests need to be explained better. The Boss Battles table is very messy too, and I'd argue that the Star Spirits power table needs some work. The article needs mention on the permanent hammer and shoe upgrades Mario can get. Finally the staff section can't be a mere list on people who worked on the game, per MarioWiki:Empty sections: "Note that the sections should ideally be original writing (or in the case of galleries, feature a reasonably wide range of material) and not simply consist of random content copied from the target page."
- Kart Player 2011 (talk) Yet another problem the article faces is that there is no description of how the action commands work for anything but the basic jump and hammer attacks. No data for partner attacks, none for Star Spirit attacks, none for any of the things that as previously mentioned aren't even on the article in any way like the badges and the jump and hammer upgrades.
- Ashley and Red (talk) OK, the description of he article (the first phrase) don't really describes anything. History section actually look like it was written by a person that loves dots and commas and hard explanations...This besides everything pointed above.