MarioWiki:Featured articles/N3/Mario (franchise)
- Glowsquid (talk) The series pages are usually quite bad but this is a major exception. The page is exhaustive but concise, well-written, and avoids falling in the trap of shoving too much image and useless tables because it "looks professional". This is the standard every series pages should be held to.
- NSY (talk)
- AfternoonLight (talk)
- Yoshi the Space Station Manager (talk) I agree. But there is a reason why this is better than the others. This is a franchise which is something bigger than a series. Also there is no duplicate content. It would be a very big standard that other series would have to live by. I don’t think that series pages should live by that standard. They are fine the way they are, but they will never be able to be a featured article, and I’m good with them not being featured articles.
- Baby Luigi (talk)
- A51 Trooper (talk) Per Glowsquid.
- Tucayo (talk)
- Fawful's Minion (talk) Per all.
#3D Player 2010 (talk) This page really lacks any form of a list of the games that have been released in the franchise, which in my opinion, is an important element of any series or franchise page, and something I would not want one such page to become a featured article without. While this page in particular doesn't really need such a mega list in my opinion, I am concerned that this article becoming featured will lead to a decision that a precedent exists about not having to mention every game within a series on series pages which I do not want to happen. If I was guaranteed that no precedent would be created by this article becoming featured that individual series pages (such as Mario Party (series)) did not have to mention all the games within their series, I will remove my vote.
Removal of opposes
3D Player 2010
- Tucayo (talk) - This article fully meets all required criteria to be a Featured Article. It needing a list is merely a subjective opinion that doesn't warrant an oppose. If you want to keep lists in series articles, the way to go is to make a Proposal, not to boycott a perfectly-viable FA nomination.
- Baby Luigi (talk) While I don't fully agree with Tucayo's post, since he didn't explain why a list is not needed, I'll elaborate for him; this category serves its purpose of listing the various Mario games to come out of it. Also, this article is describing the entire Mario franchise, it's not about the video game series in the vein of Mario platformers, that goes on the Super Mario (series) page, but nearly everything that spawned out of it, including non-video game media like the book series, cartoons, manga, etc. All the sub-series that are part of this should do their job of covering the list of each installment in the respective series, not this article. Besides, this article does a pretty apt job at summarizing the games to come out of the series in the paragraphs anyway.
- Glowsquid (talk) What she said
- AfternoonLight (talk) I agree!
While it seems like my oppose was voted out, if this nomination succeeds (which it probably will), I will make a main proposal page proposal to require series pages (but not this franchise page itself) such as the Mario Party (series) page as I stated before to mention all the games within said series, instead of allowing a precedent to be set that such pages do not need to mention all their games. 3D Player 2010 13:01, 23 August 2016 (EDT)