User talk:Chester Alan Arthur/Archive 2
|This is an archive of past discussions. It is kept for historical reference only. If this page is unprotected, do not edit the contents. If you wish to start a new discussion or revive an old one, please do so on the current talk page.|
- 1 Past Archives
- 2 Story
- 3 Re:Personal Images
- 4 Olors 12:14, 3 July 2011 (EDT)
- 5 You Archived
- 6 Mario Kart Wii Kart pictures
- 7 Wanna be in my new story?
- 8 SMA4 e-level names
- 9 Guess what?
- 10 RE: Peach/Daisy edit
- 11 RE: Userpedia
- 12 Re:Sprites
- 13 RE:Sockpuppet?
- 14 Just out of interest
- 15 Thanks
- 16 FireFlower
- 17 RE: Favor 2.0
Sure. I will find one.
Mario Kart Wii Kart pictures
Wanna be in my new story?
SMA4 e-level names
While I know that the levels were never officially released in English, the level names in the leaked version are very well known. A couple of us had a discussion about this on one of the talk pages, and we concluded that it was important to mention these names in the articles for this reason - if people call one of these levels by one of these names, others should be able to know which level they are talking about. These level names are widespread enough that it could cause confusion if the names are not mentioned. I'll link to the discussion, so you can see what was said. Talk:Super_Mario_Advance_4_e-Cards
I know that the names are not official, since this leaked version was never released, but a lot of people know the levels by these names; enough people for it to be worth mentioning. It will help avoid confusion. More information is always better! I mean, you can always say that the names are unofficial, to make it clear! Avengah 12:42, 4 July 2011 (EDT)
- To give you an example of how widespread those names are, I'll list some sites that refer to the levels by those names. Some reputable sites, in fact. Given that these places use these names, we should at least mention them, even if they are not official, so that people who see these other sites and then look on here will know which levels we are talking about. Basically, the levels were fully translated and ready to be released in the West, but they were stopped due to the e-Reader's utter failure. Therefore, rather than just waste them, they were leaked on to the internet so Westerns would be able to play these levels as they were intended, with their names already translated into English.    Avengah 05:35, 5 July 2011 (EDT)
- I know that emulations are unofficial. We all know that. However, the fact remains that across the Web, on video game map websites and news websites amongst other pages, the levels are referred to by those names. Therefore, even if we use the Japanese names for the levels, these "unofficial" names should be at least mentioned in passing, with (if you like) a note stating that the name is unofficial as it comes from a version of the game that was never released in the West. It's not for my benefit - personally I don't really care; think of all the users who might come here looking for info on these levels who only know the unofficial names. That's why I think it would be useful - it certainly wouldn't do any harm. Avengah 13:32, 5 July 2011 (EDT)
|You just lost The Game, and so did anybody else reading this!|
RE: Peach/Daisy edit
I was just about to send you notice about the same thing; the thing is this, even though the info was seen in an "official" guide (in this case, Prima, when they did their guides for BOTH Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and Mario Kart Wii), it's still just their "speculation" in regards to the relationship between the two. Hence why it still can be said about that info in respective sections of the articles (which has already been done) -- but since it hasn't really been proven in the games themselves, it really isn't recommended to post that said info in the summary material in the top of the article. However, it has been proven in the games themselves that Princess Peach and Princess Daisy are best friends, so that's worth mentioning in the summary material (which has already been done as well). Hope this clears everything up for you. --M. C. - "Mario Gals" Fan! User Page | Talk Page 21:14, 6 July 2011 (EDT) Yeah, I too want this proven about the "cousins" thing as it still annoys me to this day.
- Ok, but what colors do you want the Goomba's Shoe or Luigi to be exactly?--UM3000
Just out of interest
Why are you so anal about the rules? I've seen you do it all over the place on this wiki; not just with my edits. I mean, seriously! Especially since I've only been trying to help! I totally agree with not including unofficial information that's totally useless, but in cases where it's actually helpful, don't you think bending the rules a little is appropriate? Avengah 04:03, 8 July 2011 (EDT)
- Maybe so, but I'd also like to point out that there is something called "consensus". If two or more users agree that something is a good idea, then one user should not undo their edits without discussion. I will let it slide this time, but be aware that you could receive warnings for that sort of thing. Try using correct spelling and grammar, because your posts make you look really immature. Also, who's to say that person A's translation of the level names is accurate, while person B's translation isn't? Avengah 19:11, 8 July 2011 (EDT)
- No, it's not against the rules to simply ask someone for support. I've read the rules thoroughly. At the end of the day, everybody has the right to vote how he or she wants, and I could ask loads of people for support and they could all end up voting against me, so it might backfire. In any case, I'm not asking anyone else; I simply asked him because he'd already commented on the matter. Let's just wait and see what happens, shall we? Avengah 20:44, 8 July 2011 (EDT)
I haven't had time to merge 'en. I have been busy lately.
What did I do though? I don't think I did anything wrong. FireFlower 15:09, 10 July 2011 (EDT)--FireFlower 15:09, 10 July 2011 (EDT)
Thank You, I now understand to not constantly edit my userpage. FireFlower 15:11, 10 July 2011 (EDT)--FireFlower 15:11, 10 July 2011 (EDT)