The 'Shroom:Issue XXVIII/Beta Elements
There are some pretty odd beta elements in this game:
1. The game was simply going to be called "Paper Mario 2," and feature a logo very similar to the prequel.
2. Every partner from the original Paper Mario were going to return. Most were cut out, however, Lady Bow and Parakarry made minor appearances as NPCs.
3. There were two odd name changes in the beta game: The Tornado Jump was called the "Hurricane Jump," And Red Bones were called "Red Koopa Skeletons."
4. A mini-boss called Dark Atomic Boo was planned to be fought on the 50th floor of the Pit of 100 Trials
Interesting. Here's what I say:
1. Meh, I always thought that taking the name of the first game in the series and adding a single number next to it is extremely boring. But I guess you can say Nintendo started with the basics and got into detail later, hence the later, much more creative name.
2. Hm, what could this mean? Is it saying that each character would make an appearance as an NPC? Or that you would have just them as your partners? Or would they co-exist with the current partners? Well, tell me what you think in the feedback section!
3. In my opinion, those names are just weird. I'd honestly have to say that Tornado Jump fits the move much better, as it is a quick, high damaging attack, and not a slow, attack with prolonged damage. And Red Bones is a type of Dry Bones, so it just makes sense to end it with "Bones" and not "Koopa Skeleton."
4. That certainly would be a challenge. Atomic Boo was definitely not an easy mini-boss, so taking him, powering him up, and placing him in a place where you're already low on HP is a recipe for disaster. That is, for you, of course.
Yes, I rushed on this. It may be summer, but I'm all over the place nowadays. Howver, I'm satisfied with how this turned out. So in the mean time, sit back, enjoy the issue, and keep on writing that feedback! Seeya next time!
|Front Page About Archives Comments Subscribe Spotlight Contact us Manual of Style Sign up |