The 'Shroom:Issue XL/Director's Notes
By Stooben Rooben (talk)
Hi guys. It's been a REALLY busy month for The Core 'Shroom Staff, and I think you're gonna like what we've got planned. So, let me give you a rundown of what's happened over this past month.
- Probably the most notable accomplishment the Staff has completed this month is an awards system for The 'Shroom. That's right! All those people who right fantastic sections will now receive specially-made awards (by moi) to put on their userpage or wherever else they would like. While we don't have many award categories put into place right now, we do have two main categories that will be represented within the week. (I still have to make the awards, which will take a few days.) So, if you want to start receiving these awards, I'd recommend that you start giving your sections your all.
- The sign-up page. It's long outdated, and SERIOUSLY needs some redesign. I don't have the full redesign planned out just yet, but I will be making some updates that are long overdue. (Thanks to Marioguy1 for all your help in this department!)
That's pretty much it for what the staff has done this month. I know it doesn't sound like much, but believe me -- we've put a LOT of time and effort into getting these things done. Now, as far as hirings and firings/resignations go:
- Marioguy1 (talk) has been hired as writer for Fading into Obscurity.
- I will be resigning from the Interview portion of The 'Shroom.
- Waluigi48 (talk) has been fired from his position as writer of From the Mushroom Vaults. I will be taking over this position once more.
- Monteyaga (talk) has been fired from his position as co-writer of Brawl Tactics.
- LaLaLand123 (talk) has resigned from his position as writer of Fake Characters.
- Travix Man (talk) has resigned from his position as writer of Fake Shop.
- Killer Axe (talk) has been hired as writer for Entertainment.
As you can see, we've had a lot of resignations and firings lately, and this is not good, especially considering how short-staffed we are now. Once again, I implore you to please start writing for The 'Shroom. It's not a bad gig, really — you get a whole month to write a decent section, and you just might get a flashy award for your efforts. All you have to do is pass a very simple interview, which consists of five easy questions, and a small sample of what your section will be like. And, if there isn't a section on the sign-up page that appeals to you, suggest a section to me that you would like to write!
I guess that's it for this month. See you around soon! — Stooben Rooben 19:12, 11 July 2010 (UTC)
People on hiatus don't make notes. Eat healthy.
By Twentytwofiftyseven (talk)
The next person who sends their section in after the deadline and expects to get it checked won’t. Depending on whether I can geolocate that person’s IP address and the cost of plane tickets, however, they may receive a knife to the head as a consolation prize.
I’m serious now. The deadline is always the Thursday before release. I can not sit at my computer all day on Sunday waiting for your late section to come in. No, not even when you warn me about it. My schedule is not that flexible. I also can’t check your section in five minutes once I have it and then get it out for release.
If you direct a subteam, great! Either teach your writers how to meet deadlines, or check their sections yourself.