The 'Shroom:Issue XC/Awards Director Election
Awards Committee Director Election
What does the Director do?
The Director of the Awards Committee...
- ...Shall determine the method by which individuals are to be able to join the Committee.
- ...Shall be the official Host of the Mario Awards Ceremony.
- ...Chooses one individual in the community to be the Sub-director (and can either invite this individual to be their runningmate in this campaign or can appoint this individual at the beginning of their term); also appoints the Hosts of each other Ceremony. The Director can then delegate various tasks to these individuals as seen fit.
- ...Directs the Anniversary Planning Meetings that are held during the year and determines the schedule for said meetings.
- ...Decides the date of the Awards and maintains a schedule of events for the celebration.
- ...Maintains a sign-up list for presenters and enforces the rules that are established for presentations.
- ...Creates the polls for the Awards via the PollDaddy software and tallies the results of each poll after one month has passed since the voting period has begun.
- ...Sends the presenters the results for their Award.
- ...Receives presentations from those who have agreed to do one.
- ...Makes the topics for each Ceremony on Awards Day.
- ...Closes the Ceremonies upon the completion of the celebration.
- ...Along with the Awards Committee, considers and permits Special Events held in conjunction with the Anniversary and collaborates with other Super Mario Wiki Community projects.
If you think you might be a suitable candidate for this position, you can enter this election as a candidate.
How do I become the Director?
In order to become the Director of the Awards Committee, you need to be elected by a plurality of voting members of the community. You may become a candidate at any time during this election, except during a potential runoff voting period (which occurs when there are ties).
===Your Name / Potential Runningmate=== Your reasons why you should become the Director. ====Votes====
- You can enter your campaign into the election by filling out this form and posting it below. New campaigns must be listed at the bottom of the page.
- Should you become a candidate, you may opt to have a runningmate (who, should you be elected, will become your Sub-director). However, this is not requisite for a campaign. Should you enlist a runningmate, they must specifically agree to be your runningmate. You may not list somebody without obtaining their permission to do so.
- You can only nominate yourself and a runningmate. Entering another candidate into the election is not permitted, nor is listing a runningmate that has not given consent to such.
- It is suggested that campaigns are designed neatly and with proper grammar, spelling, and coding.
- After your campaign is set, people might add their votes to the Vote section of your campaign. As a user of the Mario Wiki, you have a vote as well, and you are allowed to vote for any candidate (including yourself).
- If you have the plurality of votes at the end of the election period, you will become the new Awards Committee Director. If there are two or more people that tie for having the highest amount of votes, then a runoff election between said candidates will occur. This procedure is called Overtime. If there is still a tie by the end of the new deadline, the election will once again be extended by one week. Overtime continues until one candidate has the highest amount of votes.
- Please take this matter seriously! Joke campaigns and profanity will be removed without warning. Additional steps might be taken against violators of this rule.
How do I vote here?
You can vote by going to the Vote section of a campaign and add this form to it. Remember to replace “Name” with your actual user name.
Alternatively, a user may cast an anonymous vote by using the form below. Note that people may see who voted anonymously when viewing the page history.
You can only vote for one person at a time. If the election reaches Overtime and your candidate gets eliminated, you can cast another vote for any of the remaining candidates if you like.
If there are still questions left, feel free to ask one of Mario Wiki's admins.
Heya guys, with Turboo stepping down next year I feel like it’s time to step up and continue the work he’s done. I feel that our individual and combined experiences within this community and working for the Awards is sufficient, and we look forward to the chance at continuing progress! The purpose of both Smasher and I running together is to help disperse some of the workload and hopefully make the entire process easier and less stressful for the core and essential staff, with Superchao to help with specific implementation of behind-the-scenes edits and documents that he and Turb worked on.
- Awards Committee member (2011 – 2014 (Mario Awards VI – VIII)).
- Userpedia Awards Host (2012 – 2014 (Mario Awards VII – VIII)).
- #mwchat Founder (mid-2014 – present), Admin (late 2010 – present).
- Current Userpedia Sysop (2 March, 2012 – present), Bureaucrat (18 Nov, 2012 – present), and Steward (18 November, 2012 – present).
- #userpedia Founder (18 November, 2012 – present).
- Served as the Sub-Director and Director of various Featured committees on Userpedia.
- Assistant Administrator on the Userpedia Forums (September 3rd, 2012 - 18 November, 2012) and current Administrator (18 November, 2012 – present).
- Awards Committee member from Mario Awards V to VIII.
- Global Moderator on the Super Mario Boards.
- #mwchat Operator.
- Former staff member of the 'Shroom.
- Sysop on Userpedia.
- Sub-director of Mario Awards VII and VIII.
- Official Organizer for Mario Awards VI.
- 2014 'Shroom Director.
- Global Moderator on the Super Mario Boards.
- #mwchat Operator.
The system Turb and Blocky have set up has been doing well, so we intend on maintaining it for the most part with any changes being tweaks on problem areas noticed through experiences this last awards year or so plus suggestions the community gives as filtered by the Awards Committee. Areas we will emphasize that will be carried over from the last few years are:
- A topic on the forum for suggestions has proven to be very useful so it will definitely be utilized again and continued.
- While the time slot and schedule for ceremonies worked well last year, we will continue to take suggestions and adjust it to what best fits the community.
- We plan on keeping the awards at 65 this year, maintaining a balance between necessary and relevant awards with the amount of work and manpower that comes with setting up and presenting each.
- Meetings will be scheduled on alternating days to avoid conflicting meeting and release dates of The ‘Shroom, as well as other potential factors.
Some changes that we intend to make and talk over with the AC this year:
- Presentation quality control guidelines will be fleshed out more, including ideas on the relevancy of the presentation to the respective award, and midway checkpoints throughout the summer.
- UP and ‘Shroom polls will be moved back to the main poll page to help numbers, or another alternative to be discussed at AC meetings.
- Working to better the quality of Awards tournaments and their hosts.
Again, we hope to keep up all of the progress made in the last few years, and working with the AC and the overall community support to fine-tune details and make the anniversary events a blast to look forward to!
- Turboo (talk)
- Marshal Dan Troop (talk)
- Lumastar (talk)
- Mario4Ever (talk)
- NSY (talk)
- Super Mario Bros. (talk) — Anton, Smasher and Superchao are all outstanding Awards Committee members and I'm certain that they will ensure the continued success of the Anniversary show.
- Gabumon (talk)