The 'Shroom:Issue LXIX/Fun Stuff
IF YOU ARE READING THIS, IT MEANS YOU HAVE SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE. CONGRATULATIONS!
In all seriousness, welcome to the Holiday Issue aka Issue 69 of the 'Shroom.
Remember to stay away from the yellow snow and don't drink too much eggnog. Happy Holidays to all of you! See you guys next year…
HI, wonderful readers! I'm your snowy Statistics Manager, Tucayo, and welcome to Mystery Images! I normally don't say much on this section, but this month I have two messages for you. First, I'd like to invite you to vote on the 2012 'Shroom Director Election. And, from the bottom of my reptilian heart, I wish you all the happiest of holidays. Whether you celebrate Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Christmas or await for the Holiday Armadillo (if no one gets this reference then maybe I'm getting old); I hope you have a great time and that 2013 brings you nothing but the best. One last thing before I go: thanks for reading my sections throughout the year, I hope you enjoyed them. See you in January.
Merry Christmas! Merry Christmas!! Merry Christmas!!! Red and green together is the most unpleasant color-combination to the eyes. And yet when we are more ecstatic when we see these colors together at that same time, because of Christmas Trees, and the Mario Bros.! For the first ten questions, I will list a noun from the Marioverse, and you must state whether it is Red or Green . 12 questions for the 12 days of Christmas!
- Color of the roof of the building with the Hammer Throw Badge in Paper Mario
- The first balloon in Snow Barrel Blast
- The second snowball throwing Shy Guy in Poochy and Nippy
- Yoshi's hair color if he is pink in PMTTYD
- Color of the head of the Toad who is always talking about what he wants to be when he grows up in Paper Mario
- The shell that doesn't home in on players in Mario Kart
- How many red items does Cranky sell in DKCR? How many green?
- Darkly's face
- The Thousand Year Door
- What characters has candy cane-colored socks in the Mario & Luigi series... but NOWHERE outside of that one particular series?
- True/False: Not a SINGLE Candy Cane is red & white in Paper Mario.
|Click to find answers!|
Merry Christmas once again, and enjoy New Super Mario Bros. U, which most of you will play for the first time on the 25th!!!
Did you know that…:
- That Yoshi’s Safari is the only shooter game Mario has ever stared in?
- Klingers are the only Kremlings with the ability to climb ropes?
- That Super Mario World was the first Mario game to feature the ability of controlling a Lakitu Cloud? (not counting the item in Super Mario Bros. 3)
- That Inspector Gadget supposedly appears in the Super Mario Bros. Super Show live action episode Treasure of the Sierra Brooklyn?
- That Lakitu is the character that best represents Shigeru Miyamoto?
- This character has held many jobs.
- This character has many enemies.
- This character has many abilities.
- This character is not from the Mushroom Kingdom
- This character has been featured in everything from video games to cartoons.
|Click to find answers!|
By Freakworld (talk)
Special Holiday Rules: You'll get 5 Hints on a character, which should be used to guess the answer. The twist is that this Character is not from any of the Mario, Wario or Donkey Kong Universe. Instead I have taken a Nintendo character OUTSIDE of said universes (This character does not have to be included in any of the Super Smash Bros. Games, or any Marioverse game whatsoever).
- This character has his origins in a series, which has had 3 installments so far, but reaches back to the times of the NES.
- This character does not need to use his legs to reach faraway places.
- This character has been spotted in a non-Super Smash Bros. Game together with Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach and Donkey Kong.
- This character is a child.
- This character is also talking as opposed to most Nintendo characters.
Pit (Kid Icarus)
Guess that Game
- This game was not made by Nintendo.
- This game was released on the NES, SNES, and PC.
- The enemies in this game are invincible.
- This game takes place on Earth
- This game features what some say was the inspiration for Donkey Kong in a bag.
|Click to find answers!|
Special Holiday Rules: Same as in "Guess Who". Yes it's also a game not included in the Mario-franchise.
- This game is the second installment in its series.
- The main character in this game does not have a set name.
- This game is very similar to its predecessor (in terms of story, gameplay and overworld).
- In fact, this is the only game in its series, where the whole overworld of its predecessor is included.
- Also, this is not one game, but actually 3 games (If you know what I mean...).
|This should be easy.|
Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal (Generation II)
HI, readers! I'm your puzzling Statistics Manager, Tucayo, with a special Crossword! This is my first Crossword in almost two years, enjoy!
WARNING! This crossword has spoilers!
Here are the answers to the last word search:
Now that winter has come upon us, this Word Search is themed after 25 ice and snow related enemies and items. Happy holidays and happy searching!
Find the Differences
By General bob-omb (talk)
Merry Christmas! It's that time of year again! Time for family, friends, food, and fun. It looks like Mario is spending his Christmas on Cool, Cool Mountain. I see the koopa had tagged along... and he brought friends. A bob-omb, a goomba, a boo, and (of course) a snowman. Hope you have a great Christmas!