Wooden Block / Hard Block
Should this be merged with Hard Block? I'm pretty sure they're the same block, since they appear in place of the other games' Hard Blocks in the Mario 3 style of Mario Maker (and in Mario 3, period). Mario JC
- I assumed they were different blocks, the difference being that Wood(en) Blocks can contain items while Hard Blocks are completely static. Hello, I'm Time Turner.
Merge Wooden Block with Hard Block
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
They're the same block, just given a different name in SMB3 ("Wooden" hasn't even been proven to be the official name). Sure, Wood Blocks can sometimes contain items, but it's just an extra function they gave it for one game; it shouldn't make it any more different from the regular ones. Most of all, as I said above, Wood Blocks replace the Hard Blocks of the SMB, SMW and NSMBU styles in Mario Maker (they're even called Hard Blocks in-game, in all four styles), so they're considered as such.
- Mario jc (talk)
- Pseudo-dino (talk) Per proposal.
- Niiue (talk) Per all.
- Andymii (talk) Per proposal.
- Chocolate Mario (talk) Per proposal and per all.
- Roy Koopa (talk) Since when has having two articles for essentially the same thing flown on the wiki?
- LudwigVon (talk) - Per proposal.
- Bwburke94 (talk) Per proposal. They are functionally identical for the most part.
- Luigi86101 (talk) Per proposal.
How would you factor in colored Hard Blocks used for pixel art? I'd like to think that the information on Super Mario Bros. 3. in the Hard Block page could be moved to Wooden Block. I'd like to confine the Wooden Block page to just the special block that gives Mario items when hit from the side while keep the other instances of them (if they aren't obviously wooden) in the Hard Block page. It's not clear to me what the Wooden Blocks in 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros. 2, and New Super Mario Bros. U look like, but if they bear a close resemblance to Hard Blocks, just move the information there. Bazooka Mario BadaBoom! 11:18, 14 March 2016 (EDT)
- They look just like the ones from Super Mario Bros. 3 with a 3D appearance. Since the ones from Super Mario Bros. 3 were called Hard Blocks in Super Mario Maker, I think we should merge Wooden Block into Hard Block. Luigi86101 12:24, 14 March 2016 (EDT)