I personally do not think that Fryguys are a subspecies of Toad, as the only mention of that is in the Nintendo Comic Series, and that was not even a true Mario story. Like the television episodes, many of the ideas in it are not always true.
TurtleShroom! :) †Jesus Loves You and Died for you!† 16:09, 2 January 2008 (EST)
- If it even says it (in something official) just once, we mention it on an article. It's considered canon. uper-Yoshi
Mushrooms and how this is presented
This "Mushroom person exposed to heat = Fryguy" thing isn't necessarily how it was presented in the comic. In the comic, Ka-Hoopa casually says he's going to heat up the volcano because "[Fryguys] are hard to make," with one of the heroes realizing that means he's talking about turning the Mushroom people. Problem is, that's just a thing for that issue, and nothing indicates that only Mushroom people have this (not to mention the appearances of a "Fryguy Kindergarten" and "Fryguy High" in other one-off jokes, indicating they can "grow up"). Basically, it's a one-off vaguely explained excuse plot that contradicts other things, as expected for a low-continuity comic series, and I think this article should be more case-by-case with it (if not just merged with the base Fryguy article; after all, the "small Fry Guys" show that there can be more than one in the game, teeeeechnically speaking, not to mention how we list the multiple Mousers in NCS under the main Mouser article). Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) 00:37, April 24, 2020 (EDT)
|This talk page proposal has already been settled. Please do not edit any of the sections in the proposal. If you wish to discuss the article, do so in a new header below the proposal.|
See the above section. The statement that "Fryguys are Mushroom people exposed to heat" is ultimately a presumption based off a plot point of a single comic book that is implicitly contradicted by other comics in the same series. Additionally, of the SMB2 bosses, only Wart and Tryclyde were depicted as individuals with any consistency in NCS. This is ultimately just the comic's take on the same entity (also SMBSS implies a species).
- Doc von Schmeltwick (talk) - Per
- Niiue (talk) Per proposal.
- Hewer (talk) Per proposal.
- 7feetunder (talk) Per proposal.
- Koopa con Carne (talk) Per all.
- Waluigi Time (talk) Birdo was more worthy of a separate species page than this. Per all.
- Archivist Toadette (talk) Due to the boss fight alone, it's not entirely out of the question to assume that all of the individual Fryguys are part of the same boss Fryguy.