Remove featured article status
- Keyblade Master (talk) My main concern about this article is the media section, which contains nothing besides a "more media" template. I'm not sure if the section should be removed or kept until something gets put there. I think the trivia section is a bit excessive, and even the list of games is a bit repetative; having a list early in the page, and then the gallery later in the page which I feel could share the same purpose.
Keep featured article status
- Somethingone (talk) The media has been added, the trivia has been trimmed, and the List Of Games section has been dealt with. This article is fine now.
- Camwood777 (talk) While I'm still rather fuzzy on the Wii Channels section, and think it should be trimmed a bit or have most of its fat moved to the Nintendo Wiki (their Wii Channels *article* is smaller than our section), I think that, for all intents and purposes, this is still a great article--it'd just take someone putting in the elbow grease to properly rectify that rather nitpick-y thing that wasn't even the main bulk of the proposal to unfeature it.
- The Mansion (talk) Everything has indeed been improved. I apologize having not seen this sooner.
Removal of support/oppose votes
Sorry for late post but I'll take a look when I can. Anyway, I don't generally take the more media template to articles mainly because that was mass posthumously added to articles and I think it would be disastrous to unfeature every single game article because of it; I think for older game articles, we can grandfather clause it but for newer ones, yeah, weigh that template in. Ray Trace(T|C) 14:41, July 27, 2021 (EDT)
- At the time I started this nomination the section was completely empty as I said, but now there has been some media put in the article. Swallow 15:03, July 27, 2021 (EDT)
- I think it could just be done like it is in the Nintendo DS article (which is also featured). Swallow 12:43, August 2, 2021 (EDT)
- So just remove the list of games and put the ones that aren’t already in the gallery in the gallery? Somethingone (talk) 12:46, August 2, 2021 (EDT)
I'm quite split--the main concerns have been more-or-less dealt with (aside from the Media tab now being rather garish thanks to how big it is, but this is moreso a problem with how the Media tab is generally not meant to be this large, not a problem with the article itself), though stuff such as the Wii Channels section has me very conflicted--it is very wordy for something largely not related to the Mario series overall. While I get some channels being covered such as the Wii Shop Channel and Forecast Channel, then you have stuff like the News Channel, or the absolute deluge of non-North American Wii Channels that are just 100% absent. And unlike Peripherals, which are usually all directly tied to a Mario game, some of these channels (like the News channel) aren't.
My main qualm isn't the Media tab or list of Games--it's the Wii Channels tab! It feels like the article completely forgets it's about the Wii itself and not the default Wii channels--this could be very easily remedied with just a brief summary of relevant channels and splitting the current section into a new article called "List of Wii channels", or something like that. And if this was a general Nintendo Wiki, this copious amount of information in the Wii article itself would be fine--but we're a strictly Mario Wiki, so I feel we could likely do with it being transplanted elsewhere, personally. ~Camwood777 (talk) 13:26, August 18, 2021 (EDT)