MarioWiki:Featured articles/Unfeature/N1/Donkey Kong Land
Donkey Kong Land was nominated to be unfeatured at 03:08, 15 August 2014 and passed at 22:08, 21 August 2014.
Remove Featured Article Status
- Randombob-omb4761 (talk) This article needs more images (Just look at the template on the article!), it has 6 missing images.
- Baby Luigi (talk) Randomb-bobomb's reasoning is very weak as hell. But regardless, further analysis into the article reveals that the enemy and item tables are incomplete. Tsunami has stated that images should be there if "available", however, having 2/3rds of the sprites available and the others missing means that the results are inconsistent and incomplete. The rule about available images is mostly concerning unobtainable media such as Satellaview games and others. Donkey Kong Land is very obtainable to the general public so no images isn't an excuse for an incomplete table. Besides, Tsunami, ripping sprites don't work that way, especially if a game uses pre-rendered sprites which would be nearly nigh impossible to obtain by manual methods, so extracting image files from the game is an option, and considering how accessible it is to access Game Boy sprites thanks to older technology, it shouldn't be impossible to game-rip the sprites directly from the game.
- Ninelevendo (talk) The 6 images aren't my problem, this article just looks small. The tables aren't that useful and, if anything, make the article worse. There isn't a controls section and the rest of the article could be better. The article does need more images as well, not just 6.
- Vommack (talk) I thought it was good enough at first, but looking further at the flaws that have been brought up, I've changed my mind. Per BL and Ninelevendo.
- Tsunami (talk) OK, when I first opposed, I didn't read the article well. Now, I see that most of the article are tables. It's a bit like List of shops in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, only that it was 100% tables. Those images missing make the article seem really incomplete. When a reader reads this "Featured" Article and sees only a part of the images... well, I would instead watch some videos. Oh, but hold on a second... there wasn't a rule? Yep, a rule that prevents Lakitu to be featured for a long time. Yes, that rule 5: An article must not be tagged with any sort of improvement tag. There is a image requested templat at top of the article. Technically, I'm switching sides like Vommack did. @Super Radio: Yes, the enemies sections are writed good, only that some images are missing. And the article totally lacks colors...
- 3D Player 2004 (talk) per Ninelevendo
Keep Featured Article Status
Removal of Support/Oppose Votes
@BabyLuigi Oh well. I didn't know. I don't look into the engine of the game or something, so I don't know how sprites are obtained. Not at all. This means that I could easily get the images of MPIT cards in other easier ways instead of editing screenshots? At least I learned something... and for the controls, I don't know why they aren't there. They can be easily found in sites such as GameFAQ. I'll add them as soon as possible, still, I must choose a way to incorporate them. I don't know how they work in game and I don't want to write fakes. TSUNAMI
- Well the Spriter's Resource sprites are scant as I suspected. It's better if you take a screenshot of them via emulator. (T|C) 14:59, 31 July 2014 (EDT)
- OK, but I cannot until August 10th. I'm in vacation without PC and I don't think that emulators for tablet exist. TSUNAMI
- Yes, we have tables, but they make the hpgame seem like the game boy can't display colour at all. They are an eye sore. - 16:21, 10 August 2014 (EDT)
- ... and then I think to myself... CAN THE GAME BOY DISPLAY COLOR AT ALL???? Excuse me for clamoring, but c'mon man. The tables are gray because I wanted them to aesthetically fit the graphical limitations of the Game Boy. Besides, regarding the sprites, well... aren't they monochrome? Anyway, unless this is the answer you've asked for, I still have no idea what you mean by "hpgame" (trust me, I googled it). And maybe it's just you who thinks the tables/sprites are eye sore. -- --
- I look at it and just get hit with grey and black. There just aren't enough images in general anyway. (If the game boy didn't display colour, Pokemon would seem different.) hpgame is either a game on a HP, a hype game or a really bad typo. - 04:59, 11 August 2014 (EDT)